BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 29, 2016 7:24 am  #1

November 29, 2016 7:27 am  #2

Re: BFI & Radio Times Television Festival, April 2017

My internet is being incredibly slow and pages aren't loading properly, so I'm having trouble checking ... Is this the same event I posted in the other thread?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 29, 2016 8:13 am  #3

Yes, that's the one you mentioned on the other thread. It's conveniently on a weekend so I might go if I can afford yet another trip to London next year.

O, learn to read what silent love hath writ:
To hear with eyes belongs to love’s fine wit.
(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

February 12, 2017 7:28 pm  #4

Another Sherlock talk has been added: The Sound of Sherlock
A panel with creator-writer Mark Gatiss, exec producer Sue Vertue, and composers David Arnold and Michael PriceJoin the composers who write the stirring theme tune and fabulous incidental music with two of the creative minds behind the series.

http://www.bfi.org.uk/radiotimestvfest

Tickets are already on sale for BFI members, general sale starts on Monday February 13th.

This new event is scheduled on April 9th, 16:45. With both Moffat and Gatiss talk panels on the same day the entire Sunday is now a Sherlock day. 

Last edited by diva (February 12, 2017 7:30 pm)

(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

February 12, 2017 7:32 pm  #5

Yes I'm seeing both Mark and Steven, so I think I'll give this other one a miss....I may be able to grab something to eat between the two of them!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 12, 2017 7:41 pm  #6

Eating is boring. 

Actually I also thought it might be a bit much but since the times allow to visit all these events I couldn't resist the temptation to buy a ticket for the music panel too. The panel with Mark starts in the early afternoon so there is enough time for a quick lunch before. The panel with Steven has been moved from 6.30 pm to 6:00 pm so it will be directly after the music talk. I loved the composers panel at Sherlocked last year and hope to hear a bit more about the soundtrack to S4. I suppose I'll be a bit tired after three panels but the last one ends just in time for dinner. 

Last edited by diva (February 12, 2017 7:41 pm)

(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

February 12, 2017 7:44 pm  #7

I've just texted my friend to see what she's doing.  It would be unlikely there would be tickets left on the day, but I suppose I could try that...
Yes I would like to see David and Michael and Sue, of course...but I may just leave it.
I am seeing Andrew in theatre as well, so I already feel spoiled.
Are you seeing Andrew, too

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 12, 2017 8:09 pm  #8

My sister and I got tickets to the Sound of Sherlock and we're really looking forward to it. It seems to have sold out already but they might have kept some tickets back for the general release tomorrow.

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

February 12, 2017 8:12 pm  #9

My pal's not going to it, either...can you believe she's going to stuff from some other TV shows? I mean are there even other TV shows?!

February 12, 2017 8:16 pm  #10

Other TV shows? News to me! 

February 12, 2017 8:20 pm  #11

Actually she's going to a 'Strictly' talk, but she never answered my question as whether or not I was missing Robert there!
Then she's going to ones on both The Crown and Victoria!.
Bloody Royalist!
Ha.  Though of course it's Gemma in Victoria and Matt in The Crown.

February 12, 2017 8:37 pm  #12

You lucky UK residents, you!

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

February 12, 2017 8:39 pm  #13

We are...I am certainly very proud of our TV.
And I just love London: centre of the Universe!  Ha.

February 12, 2017 9:22 pm  #14

I will be looking forward to your reports. And this - plus the Sherlocked events in LA and Birmingham - makes me hopeful that TFP was not the end. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 12, 2017 9:24 pm  #15

I know it does seem a bit odd...but most of these events would have been organised way before all the speculation and anyway, as we all know, nobody wants Sherlock to end...

February 12, 2017 9:44 pm  #16

Sounds like your friend has a busy schedule BB!

Sometimes it's definitely handy living in London. I will make sure to report back

February 12, 2017 9:54 pm  #17

besleybean wrote:

I've just texted my friend to see what she's doing.  It would be unlikely there would be tickets left on the day, but I suppose I could try that...
Yes I would like to see David and Michael and Sue, of course...but I may just leave it.
I am seeing Andrew in theatre as well, so I already feel spoiled.
Are you seeing Andrew, too

Would be a nice opportunity to see Andrew as Hamlet but I didn't book when tickets went on sale since I didn't know that I would be in London at that time. Now of course all performances on that weekend are sold out.  A few more tickets for all performances will be released later this month so I might look into that. Or I could try for a day ticket on April 8 but I guess that would mean queuing for hours and I am probably too lazy... 

(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

Board footera