BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 31, 2017 6:12 pm  #741

Re: Sherlocked - The Official Sherlock Convention

Sorry, but this is not an excuse. Especially not in the light of the Jimmy Savile parallels. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 31, 2017 6:15 pm  #742

I know.
He's from my home county and I work with young children, too.
I can see why it might upset some.
Possibly suggest to the organisers that they change it?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 31, 2017 6:16 pm  #743

I think this would be a good idea. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 31, 2017 6:43 pm  #744

I sent them a tweet and got the following answer:

"The villains are an important aspect of the stories that are told in this show, and Toby delivered an amazing performance."

Which is true. My reservations were more about the children's ward and less about Toby who was indeed great. 

January 31, 2017 6:44 pm  #745

I agree, it's a shame they have misunderstood you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 31, 2017 7:00 pm  #746

It doesn't bother me personally but I can see why some people might be uncomfortable with it.

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

January 31, 2017 7:02 pm  #747

Thing is, people will vote with their feet...they will either attend or they won't.

January 31, 2017 8:30 pm  #748

Took a peek. 
These are the parties that will be at the LA event.
Get ready to party at Sherlocked USA in May!Each evening will follow a different theme and those themes are as follows...
Friday Night will present you with the theme of a Chinese Circus inspired by the episode The Blind Banker, circus skills on display, codes to break and plenty of pouring tea... maybe.
Saturday Night is London Calling, we may be many miles away from England's capital city but for one night only a little bit of London will be in LA!  Featuring popular London music, a 'pub' quiz and the classic iconic London features!
Sunday Night is Moriarty's Pool Party - a great way to wind down and chill out by the pool, unless of course someone with bad intentions suddenly turns up... 

Last edited by tonnaree (January 31, 2017 8:31 pm)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

February 8, 2017 3:11 pm  #749

Another guest announced for the US con.

ALISTAIR PETRIE!
http://www.sherlockedusa.com/guests/81-alistair-petrie

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

February 8, 2017 4:11 pm  #750

Good news for all the Jolto shippers. And he seems to be a really nice guy with fans. 

February 8, 2017 5:33 pm  #751

SusiGo wrote:

Good news for all the Jolto shippers. And he seems to be a really nice guy with fans. 

I find him rather handsome too.  Not that it matters. 

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

February 8, 2017 7:27 pm  #752

Oh cool

I just saw your party themes, must say I'm a little jealous the UK isn't getting a Moriarty Pool party! 

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

February 8, 2017 7:29 pm  #753

I know.  How cool does that sound?!

February 8, 2017 8:20 pm  #754

Lis wrote:

Oh cool

I just saw your party themes, must say I'm a little jealous the UK isn't getting a Moriarty Pool party!

If only Andrew would join us.  

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

February 8, 2017 8:21 pm  #755

Exactly.

February 8, 2017 10:20 pm  #756

tonnaree wrote:

Lis wrote:

Oh cool

If only Andrew would join us.  

..............in a Speedo.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

February 9, 2017 6:39 am  #757

Personally I wouldn't care if he was in a bin bag!

March 24, 2017 7:59 am  #758

I couldn't choose, I would have to attend both!

March 24, 2017 9:28 am  #759

Wow, this convention sounds awesome. Enjoy, guys! 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

March 24, 2017 10:57 am  #760

Just don't ask Mycroft out for a drink when you are there, it will only confuse him. ;)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

Board footera