BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 3, 2017 8:52 am  #21

Re: The HLV shooting script

If they cut the No Homo headline, maybe it's because it wasn't a lie after all!   But I don't think so - maybe it was cut because it's not actually a terribly good pun!  Or even because there wasn't much time for people to think about the pun.   Or perhaps not even cut deliberately.

I think the hug in TLD was a hug worth waiting for.

February 3, 2017 9:19 am  #22

I prefer it without the "no homo" headline, just to make it clear. Very clumsy writing IMO. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 3, 2017 9:48 am  #23

I agree. 

February 3, 2017 9:52 am  #24

I'm still wondering what a "proper, manly" embrace looks like. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

February 3, 2017 9:57 am  #25

I'm imagining a big, close, tight bearhug.   But I think I prefer the more tender TLD hug.

February 3, 2017 10:12 am  #26

Liberty wrote:

I'm imagining a big, close, tight bearhug.   But I think I prefer the more tender TLD hug.

Yep. That.

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

February 3, 2017 5:07 pm  #27

I agree.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 3, 2017 5:51 pm  #28

Yeah, probably. I just thought it slightly funny to emphasize "manly" when you have a hug between two men. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

February 3, 2017 5:52 pm  #29

A silly Brit thing...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 4, 2017 9:53 pm  #30

Vhanja wrote:

I'm still wondering what a "proper, manly" embrace looks like. 

I've been wondering the same. Maybe a bit like the hug that Lestrade gave Sherlock when he returned in TEH.

O, learn to read what silent love hath writ:
To hear with eyes belongs to love’s fine wit.
(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

February 4, 2017 9:59 pm  #31

I think a proper, manly embrace does not extend to stroking the other man's arm and putting your cheek on his head. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 4, 2017 10:11 pm  #32

SusiGo wrote:

I think a proper, manly embrace does not extend to stroking the other man's arm and putting your cheek on his head. 

Yep. An important distinction.

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

February 4, 2017 10:13 pm  #33

A manly embrace isn't really appropriate when trying to comfort a grieving man.

February 5, 2017 7:37 am  #34

diva wrote:

I've been wondering the same. Maybe a bit like the hug that Lestrade gave Sherlock when he returned in TEH.

Oh, yes. Now I'm curious how the TEH script describe that hug.

Team Hudders!

February 5, 2017 8:16 am  #35

I loved that hug!  But yes, different hugs for different occasions.  In a way, I think the TLD hug is all the more powerful for them not being so touchy-feely over the years. 

February 5, 2017 8:18 am  #36

Yes and it was just a lovely, comforting hug.
Oh sorry, I'm referring th the TLD one...
But yes I've said it before and I'll say it again, th Lestrade hug is exactly what John shoud have done...

Last edited by besleybean (February 5, 2017 8:19 am)

Board footera