BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 22, 2017 5:28 pm  #1

The young Sherlock cast

I wasn't sure where to put these, so I've started a new thread for the lovely junior members of the team!   I hope it's OK to post these here.

Aaron Richards with his older self:

https://twitter.com/TheRealEgg8/status/823150295232507904

Indica Watson as little Eurus

Tom Stoughton as Yellowbeard/Sherlock.  I really hope he keeps those curls when he grows up!

I thought these young actors did a great job.

January 22, 2017 5:48 pm  #2

Re: The young Sherlock cast

All three of them were very convincing! Great job (and great casting too)!

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

January 22, 2017 5:49 pm  #3

Yay, let's hear it for all of our juniors.
They were brilliant.

Last edited by besleybean (January 22, 2017 5:50 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 22, 2017 11:30 pm  #4

Yes, good casting and good job on all their parts.  It looks like the rest of the cast really welcomed them well, it seems like they will have good memories of being on the show.

Clueing for looks.

January 23, 2017 6:38 am  #5

Lucky them!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 23, 2017 8:41 am  #6

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 23, 2017 4:52 pm  #7

Aw, that's a lovely one! 

January 23, 2017 5:17 pm  #8

Psst, the patch is on the wrong eye!

-----

January 23, 2017 5:27 pm  #9

They were all amazing!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

January 27, 2017 1:23 pm  #10

I thought, it can be interesting, to remind the other "young Sherlock" aka Louis Moffat, for comparison. 

I don't know, how old was supposed to be Sherlock in this shot, but obviously L.M. was older, than his character:

...and still very convincing.

January 27, 2017 1:30 pm  #11

Louis was great as young Sherlock. I think Tom was amazing too, but Louis was just unbelievable. Maybe it was partially the script, but Sherlock's inner child choking on tears after shooting CAM - wow. One of the most powerful moments of the whole show, in my opinion.

-----

January 27, 2017 1:59 pm  #12

I meant "very convincing as a little boy" only - you are right, his acting deserves much bigger praise. He was great, I was impressed too!

February 3, 2017 7:16 pm  #13

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

February 3, 2017 7:18 pm  #14

Aw.

February 3, 2017 10:05 pm  #15

I think there really is a likeness between Mark and that Aaron kid. Dunno, look at the 1st picture Liberty posted... The eyes, the mouth, his expression... He was really convincing!

​Anyway, here are some pics I shamefully stole from the young boy's twitter account

​(Is that "Red beard" in the yellow jacket??? )

​(I like the "pirate with a spyglass" postcard --??-- Benedict is holding! )

Just like old times...

February 3, 2017 10:07 pm  #16

Love those kids.

February 3, 2017 10:17 pm  #17

Yes, it was definitely good casting for young Mycroft, but then again I liked them all.  But you are right about the likeness.

Clueing for looks.

February 3, 2017 10:18 pm  #18

What a lovely thread! I think they did a great job in choosing the child actors and it seems they really an unforgettable time on set. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 3, 2017 10:24 pm  #19

Mark busy picking the bestest pebble of dem all

The pirate card is apparently the card Tom gave Benedict for his birthday.

-----

February 3, 2017 10:25 pm  #20

Aw.

Board footera