BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 31, 2017 10:21 pm  #41

Re: What Canon story are you reading?

Elemental wrote:

But in the middle of it he tells you to read the book and come back later. So I'm reading the book.

Good girl
Mini-me picked The Speckled Band for the book presenation at school so this is it.

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

February 1, 2017 6:40 am  #42

I love The Speckled Band.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 1, 2017 8:22 am  #43

I saw the movie when I was little and it sort of scarred me for life O.o My kid is about the same age now but apparently way tougher than me (or, reading about a fat snake in a book is not as scary as seeing it on screen).

-----

February 1, 2017 12:31 pm  #44

ewige wrote:

Elemental wrote:

But in the middle of it he tells you to read the book and come back later. So I'm reading the book.

Good girl
Mini-me picked The Speckled Band for the book presenation at school so this is it.

You mean your son/daughter? It must be super nice to be able to share the Sherlock love with your kids

"It is what it is"
"You see, but you do not observe"

"I shall die upon a cloud of Johnlock fluff and have my body launched into the sun". - LadyTuesday

February 1, 2017 12:51 pm  #45

Yeah, she's 8 and an avid reader. ACD canon included.
I'm still reluctant to show her BBC Sherlock but we sing along to the Hilliwood Sherlock Parody together

-----

February 1, 2017 2:09 pm  #46

I've got the Penguin complete collection and I'm going back to read all the stories again. I'm on The Sign of Four at the moment.

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

February 1, 2017 4:52 pm  #47

I constantly re-read parts of the Canon.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 3, 2017 11:25 pm  #48

besleybean wrote:

I love The Speckled Band.

I do, too--both the book and the Granada version.

February 6, 2017 6:04 pm  #49

I finished ASiS a few days ago and loved it. Also I loved Moffat's introduction. He quotes Mark Gatiss saying something like: if Sherlock Holmes' stories have taught us something about humans is that we value reasoning and a good friendship (I'm both quoting by heart and translating from Spanish, so sorry for the inaccuracies).

I'm on chapter five of The Sign of Four now. And my perception of Mary Morstan is forever changed by BBC Sherlock, I must say.

Ewige: so cool that your kid is an avid reader. I always doubt if I'll be able to love my kids if they don't read 

"It is what it is"
"You see, but you do not observe"

"I shall die upon a cloud of Johnlock fluff and have my body launched into the sun". - LadyTuesday

Board footera