BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 18, 2017 1:37 pm  #141

Re: Favourite scenes (photos/gifs)

Hadn't that in here?

I'm melting away.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

January 18, 2017 2:34 pm  #142

Nice, very nice.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 18, 2017 2:35 pm  #143

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 20, 2017 8:52 am  #144

NicoleCollard wrote:

Ivy wrote:

I'm not sure I understand this part. What's Sherlock telling John, that he should relax a little, stop being the soldier, show his emotions? 

I was connecting it back to the beginning of the episode, when John's "therapist" told him he was holding himself to an unreasonable standard.  He has been beating himself up for his mistakes and failures, and Sherlock was reminding him that no one is perfect.  He needed to forgive himself.

January 20, 2017 8:57 am  #145

nakahara wrote:

Oh! A great "night vision" version!

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

January 20, 2017 9:00 am  #146

Having Sherlock drink from a vase was a fun little tidbit they threw in there, seeing as the symbol of the Greek god Eurus is an upside-down vase, pouring out water.  =]

This isn't a favorite, but it stuck out to me: His face when he realized that Culverton's daughter was not the same Faith that came to his flat.  I don't think he's ever looked so shocked.

January 20, 2017 5:10 pm  #147

Yep, Eurus is clever...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 25, 2017 1:55 pm  #148

January 25, 2017 5:48 pm  #149

Fantastic scene.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 25, 2017 6:21 pm  #150

OFF.
HIS.
TITS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 25, 2017 6:23 pm  #151

I just enjoyed the Shakespeare.

January 25, 2017 7:22 pm  #152

I love Shakespeare.

This gives me a brilliant idea!  

Have you all heard of the show "Drunk History"?  Famous people actually get drunk on camera and tell stories about history.

Well, since that's a hit why don't we try "Off Your Tits Shakespeare"!!!!
Classical actors get high and do the Bards most famous scenes!  

I'd pay to watch that.

PS.  I bet Helen Mirren would do it. 

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

January 25, 2017 7:24 pm  #153

Och no, The Bard is far too precious for that.

January 25, 2017 7:28 pm  #154

Aw come on BB!  Shakespeare is full of violence and dick jokes! 
They are classic tales and stories and some of them are serious, but ole William wrote for the enjoyment of the masses.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

January 25, 2017 7:28 pm  #155

Yeah that's all fine, but I can't approve of drink or drugs.

January 25, 2017 8:05 pm  #156

I loved that scene and would love to see Benedict do more Shakespeare, although if he did Henry V I'd be waiting for the "can I have a cup of tea" line haha.

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

January 26, 2017 7:22 am  #157

tonnaree wrote:

Aw come on BB!  Shakespeare is full of violence and dick jokes! 
They are classic tales and stories and some of them are serious, but ole William wrote for the enjoyment of the masses.

Great idea, I'd love it! And I bet Will would love it, too!
Do any of you remember the Shakespeare evening at the Royal Shakespeare Theatre last year (where Benedict participated in that hilarious "To be or not to be"-scene)? There was a short comedy scene played by three or four guys, I think it was taken from a whole Shakespeare program. One of them played Shakespeare and they were all together in a pub and it was absolutely hilarious! They made complete fun of Shakespeare, but in an admiring way - I'd definitely pay to see a whole evening of something like this. 

And yes, I love that scene in TLD. I think the montage is very clever, cutting back and forth between Sherlock and Hudders at 221B and then Hudders and John. The Shakespeare is great, the earthquake is great, the music is great... definitely one of the best and most entertaining scenes ever in BBC Sherlock. 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

February 27, 2017 8:28 pm  #158

February 27, 2017 8:30 pm  #159

Love it.

May 12, 2017 6:34 pm  #160

Benedict... 

Board footera