BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 16, 2017 5:27 pm  #101

Re: Could S4 be the last one?

They most recently have all said they really do not know if they will ever make anymore.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 16, 2017 5:41 pm  #102

besleybean wrote:

They most recently have all said they really do not know if they will ever make anymore.

They say these things because they can't make any promises without all the full legalities worked out.
They have to phrase it as "we don't know" because they don't know for sure.
Yes, it is always possible that S5 won't happen, but as things stand right now I think it will someday.  Mark and Steven told us they have ideas for it.  We just have to be the fandom who waits once more.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 16, 2017 6:12 pm  #103

Well if it happens I will be delighted, but I don't hold out much hope. This episode was very final.
On one of my facebook groups, one fan girl quoted from Steven's page.
I didn't know he had facebook.
Does anybody know if it is genuine?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 16, 2017 6:32 pm  #104

I still believe in series 5 and I always will

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 16, 2017 6:45 pm  #105

When they talk about struggling to schedule a next seaosn, I do understand what they mean, of course. But the naive part of me can't help think: "Well, why don't they all just sit down with their calendars and find the first available month when no one has any plans?"

Steven: "Ok, so 2017 and 2018 are out for you guys. What about 2019?"
Martin: "Lemme see... I'm free around August."
Steven: "Ben?"
Ben: "Hm... no, 2018 and first half of 2019 are very busy for me, I think I would like a good, long holiday with my family that summer."
Steven: "Ok,, so what about October 2019?"
Martin: "Works for me"
Ben: "Works for me too."

Ok, so shoot start October 2019, and Moftiss have two years to write the scripts.

I know they probably can't do that due to them both probably having quite a few "maybe" projects hanging, but still... 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

January 16, 2017 6:48 pm  #106

As far as I understood them, Moftiss need to have solid ideas first and then pitch them to the leads...

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

January 16, 2017 6:52 pm  #107

I don't understand it that way at all.
Mark and Steven have plenty of ideas.
The problem is Benedict and Martin are not going to coincide...I am guessing for around 5 years.

Board footera