BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 16, 2017 11:52 am  #41

Re: Questions about TFP

Preceja wrote:

Was it said that their parents decorated it? It was an old manor, this might have been also something old what you do not want to remove, Children had plenty room to play anywhere else. (Not that I would like playing my children among graves, even if fake.

I think they said that the gravestones were put there by the architect - with wrong dates, as an architectical joke. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

January 16, 2017 11:53 am  #42

Mycroft knows that Euros can in 5 minutes  persuade people  to do anything, it is confirmed again while they are watching the record  and they let Sherlock with her alone? Do they think he is immune? Or that she has not done anything before in London (or hasdone what she wanted)  so she would not now? 

And I still do not get while she was meeting John and Sherlock in disguise and why she then want to see John again so much that she killed the therapists. Only that she  wanted to know more about them to be prepared for the game.

January 16, 2017 12:19 pm  #43

Liberty wrote:

I think she was in ASIB - came to Sherlock with a case of a missing body which turned out to be part of the Bond/Coventry plot, with the plane full of dead people.  I think that's why Sherlock imagined that particular little girl. 

Wow, that's cool.

"It is what it is."

January 16, 2017 12:19 pm  #44

I have a vague memory of old houses having fake 'cemeteries'... I will need to look into that... but apparently it was a Victorian? thing? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 16, 2017 12:34 pm  #45

That's interesting, Phantom.  The house appeared older than Victorian, but I suppose the gravestones could have been added in Victorian times.  They looked as if they had been there for a while. 

January 16, 2017 12:57 pm  #46

When Sherlock seems to be about to kill himself with the gun, do you think he intended to do it, or do you think he had worked out that Eurus wouldn't let him?  If he killed himself, he couldn't save the girl/plane/city, and Eurus had already shown that consequences would be worse if they didn't comply (so she could end up killing John and Mycroft anyway), so it seems to me that he wouldn't have thought suicide would only make things worse (although it would save him having to kill one of the other two).  So I wonder if he realised that it would make Eurus react in that way.  She'd planned everything around Sherlock and wouldn't want to lose him.

January 16, 2017 1:28 pm  #47

I think (or at least I want to understand it this way to be able to accept it) that during the game  he started to get into her thinking and was sure she wanted him to survive to go on  the game . The song was originally for him and she wanted him to play with her (but why did she want to kill him in the last episodes , no, do not think about it) . 
It is  a fact that when he put the gun into his mouth, Eurus started to say something like  no, no, you cannot do it, so it seemed probable it was against her plans. 

January 16, 2017 3:32 pm  #48

Had the fridge room in TST anything to do with something in TFP? Has been  revealed where it was? 

January 16, 2017 3:32 pm  #49

How come Sherlock didn´t notice there´s no reflection in the glass? Should have told him something is amiss...

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 16, 2017 3:35 pm  #50

Loved this scene! I haven't notice the absense of the glass either. I think we both were just so focussed on Eurus that we saw right thru the barrier
Eurus also explains the trick with her voice. However, the violin would be an audible, if not visible, clue, wouldn't it?

Last edited by ewige (January 16, 2017 3:35 pm)

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

January 16, 2017 3:54 pm  #51

ewige wrote:

Loved this scene! I haven't notice the absense of the glass either. I think we both were just so focussed on Eurus that we saw right thru the barrier
Eurus also explains the trick with her voice. However, the violin would be an audible, if not visible, clue, wouldn't it?

Surely he should to be able to listen the difference between sound of violin in the small room, and in the much bigger one. I loved that moment - she kept repeating "look", later "play". He had to be very focused on her, if he noticed nothing.

Last edited by Naavy (January 16, 2017 4:10 pm)

January 16, 2017 4:02 pm  #52

nakahara wrote:

- so Redbeard was a boy not a dog? Yet earlier in an episode Sherlock finds a dog bowl with a sign "Redbeard" on it and seems to recognise it as Redbeard´s one. How is this possible when a dog Redbeard never existed? 

I understood, they had "Redbeard", but because the allergy they must not keep the dog. (Hopefully - they found an another family to take care) Later Sherlock connected the loss of the dog, and loss of the fiend in his mind.

nakahara wrote:

- what was the point of destroying Baker Street, I wonder? 

I would like to know it too.

Last edited by Naavy (January 16, 2017 4:04 pm)

January 16, 2017 4:03 pm  #53

They have never had a dog.
Redbeard was Victor all along.

-----

January 16, 2017 4:18 pm  #54

I did notice the lack of glass - or rather I guessed that there wouldn't be glass, rather than noticed it!   But I'm happy to suspend disbelief and think that it was such a tense time for Sherlock that he didn't notice!

January 16, 2017 4:27 pm  #55

Liberty wrote:

I did notice the lack of glass - or rather I guessed that there wouldn't be glass, rather than noticed it!   But I'm happy to suspend disbelief and think that it was such a tense time for Sherlock that he didn't notice!

Yeah, I think that actually shows how immersed he was.

Last edited by ewige (January 16, 2017 4:27 pm)

-----

January 16, 2017 4:30 pm  #56

Herothedog wrote:

But there were four! Definitely not a fourth brother, but I wonder if that's their way of saying series four is the end, or we're missing one and the story isn't through yet. I guess it could be interpreted either way.

John is the fourth.  Sherlock made it clear that John is family now and should be treated as such.  
Mycroft has a brother-in-law in spirit if not in canon.  

Last edited by tonnaree (January 16, 2017 4:31 pm)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 16, 2017 4:40 pm  #57

nakahara wrote:

Some headscratchers:

- so Redbeard was a boy not a dog? Yet earlier in an episode Sherlock finds a dog bowl with a sign "Redbeard" on it and seems to recognise it as Redbeard´s one. How is this possible when a dog Redbeard never existed?

- Mycroft frequently phones Sherrinford, he is able to send Moriarty there without any problem, but when he wants to visit the facility with Sherlock and John, he needs to do this by hijacking a boat and sneaking in dressed as a sailor? Why?

My take on these two.

Eurus knows about Sherlock's memories of Redbeard and simply uses the dog bowl to taunt him.

After Mycroft takes off his disguise he tells the man in charge that the reason they had to sneek in was because they knew Eurus was basically in control of the facility now and they didn't know if they could trust anyone.

Last edited by tonnaree (January 16, 2017 4:40 pm)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 16, 2017 4:49 pm  #58

tonnaree wrote:

Herothedog wrote:

But there were four! Definitely not a fourth brother, but I wonder if that's their way of saying series four is the end, or we're missing one and the story isn't through yet. I guess it could be interpreted either way.

John is the fourth.  Sherlock made it clear that John is family now and should be treated as such.  

Or a second brother, rather, since there's never been any romantic involvement between Sherlock and John.

Question is, will Mycroft ever accept John as a second brother in spirit?

January 16, 2017 5:25 pm  #59

Well I would hope so.
After what they all went through together.

Last edited by besleybean (January 16, 2017 5:26 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 16, 2017 5:26 pm  #60

kgreen20 wrote:

tonnaree wrote:

Herothedog wrote:

Or a second brother, rather, since there's never been any romantic involvement between Sherlock and John.

Question is, will Mycroft ever accept John as a second brother in spirit?

I think, he already has. He was willing to die for him (well, instead of him to be precise).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

Board footera