BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 16, 2017 2:06 am  #21

Re: Questions about TFP

Where's the bathtub and Mycroft's shower scene?

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

January 16, 2017 2:09 am  #22

Really hoping the code word in the credits was a sign that the show will return. Does anyone remember seeing it in the last two episodes?

January 16, 2017 2:13 am  #23

Herothedog wrote:

Really hoping the code word in the credits was a sign that the show will return. Does anyone remember seeing it in the last two episodes?

What was the code word? We don't get to see it here.

-----

January 16, 2017 2:17 am  #24

Anemoi. The gods of winds. Each letter was in a different name in red.

January 16, 2017 2:22 am  #25

Herothedog wrote:

Anemoi. The gods of winds. Each letter was in a different name in red.

Awesome, thank you!
The gods of winds - the Holmes family is united at last.

-----

January 16, 2017 2:29 am  #26

But there were four! Definitely not a fourth brother, but I wonder if that's their way of saying series four is the end, or we're missing one and the story isn't through yet. I guess it could be interpreted either way.

January 16, 2017 3:01 am  #27

1. Who did Sherlock text at the end???!!!!!!!??
2. My brain is in knots with the whole Eurus/little girl on plane/ Eurus at island/ Eurus at house thing. I kind of get it, just a lot to take in
3. Mycroft in the room where Sherlock had to choose between Mycroft or John: I'm guessing Mycroft was trying to egg Sherlock on and shoot Mycroft instead of John? Right? Just wanted some confirmation from other fans
4. Did Sherlock actually mean the "I love you"? Personally, I think he was hesitant and maybe didn't really mean it the first time he said it... but, then the second time he said it, I actually think he meant it. Whether it was perhaps romantically, or as friend, no idea. But, I think he meant it to some degree.

I have other questions, just can't remember them right now. Need to rewatch it, after I'm out of shock!

The eyes are the mirror of the soul

#sherlollyforever

January 16, 2017 9:56 am  #28

Some headscratchers:

- so Redbeard was a boy not a dog? Yet earlier in an episode Sherlock finds a dog bowl with a sign "Redbeard" on it and seems to recognise it as Redbeard´s one. How is this possible when a dog Redbeard never existed?

- you know that your father has an allergy on dogs. Yet you conjure up a dog as your childhood memory in order to forget another, unpleasant one. Why not a cat, a tortoise, a canary or another pet your father is not allergic on?

- Mycroft frequently phones Sherrinford, he is able to send Moriarty there without any problem, but when he wants to visit the facility with Sherlock and John, he needs to do this by hijacking a boat and sneaking in dressed as a sailor? Why?

- what was the point of destroying Baker Street, I wonder?

- the little girl on the plane is only Euros´ hallucination, but Sherlock spends much time in an ep speaking with this hallucination? How come he hears the voice of the little girl? Is Euros a skillful voice impersonator on top of everything else?

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 16, 2017 10:02 am  #29

Maybe Sherlock was not in full control of turning Victor into a dog... He badly wanted one... despite his father's allergy. I think it could make sense psychologically to take something you wanted so badly to overwrite a traumatic memory. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 16, 2017 10:05 am  #30

i'm-so-cHAngeAbLE wrote:

3. Mycroft in the room where Sherlock had to choose between Mycroft or John: I'm guessing Mycroft was trying to egg Sherlock on and shoot Mycroft instead of John? Right? Just wanted some confirmation from other fans
4. Did Sherlock actually mean the "I love you"?

Yes, Mycroft was trying to make it easier for Sherlock to shoot him instead of John. If I had't already loved Mycroft before, this scene would definitly have done the trick.

I'm sure Sherlock deeply cares for/loves Molly. Just not in a romantic way.

January 16, 2017 10:18 am  #31

nakahara wrote:

Some headscratchers:

- so Redbeard was a boy not a dog? Yet earlier in an episode Sherlock finds a dog bowl with a sign "Redbeard" on it and seems to recognise it as Redbeard´s one. How is this possible when a dog Redbeard never existed?

- you know that your father has an allergy on dogs. Yet you conjure up a dog as your childhood memory in order to forget another, unpleasant one. Why not a cat, a tortoise, a canary or another pet your father is not allergic on?

- Mycroft frequently phones Sherrinford, he is able to send Moriarty there without any problem, but when he wants to visit the facility with Sherlock and John, he needs to do this by hijacking a boat and sneaking in dressed as a sailor? Why?

- what was the point of destroying Baker Street, I wonder?

- the little girl on the plane is only Euros´ hallucination, but Sherlock spends much time in an ep speaking with this hallucination? How come he hears the voice of the little girl? Is Euros a skillful voice impersonator on top of everything else?

We don't know if Sherlock recognized the dog bowl. Probably he didn't recognize it at all and was wondering why or remembering that they actually never had a dog bowl. We don't see what's going on in his head at that moment.

Most likely Sherlock had also forgotten about his father allergy to dogs. I don't think he ever asked for a dog again after the whole "Readbeard" incident. That would have been too painful. So he had only known about his fathers allergy to dogs before his memory was re-written.

I guess usually he had to arrange those meetings with Eurus weeks in advance. Probably this time he wanted to take the staff by surprise to find out what was really going on in Sherrinford? Not giving them any time to prepare for his arrival?

I don't really get the point of destroying Baker Street 221b either. I loved the whole scene (minus the action-movie ending of it), but it doesn't fully make sense to me either.

The little girl's voice is Eurus' voice, yes.

January 16, 2017 10:21 am  #32

Oh, I have a question. 

Where have I seen the little girl on the plane before? I remember her from somewhere but I can't place her! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 16, 2017 10:26 am  #33

I think she was in ASIB - came to Sherlock with a case of a missing body which turned out to be part of the Bond/Coventry plot, with the plane full of dead people.  I think that's why Sherlock imagined that particular little girl. 

January 16, 2017 10:26 am  #34

nakahara wrote:

Mycroft knows how well Euros can manipulate people and since there is evidence that she escaped, they don't know what the situation in Sherrinford might be. Openly announcing their visit might be a bad idea, if there is a mass breakout, people are trying to cover up a mistake or the facility is in Euros' control.

"It takes very special qualities to devote one's life to problems with no attainable solutions and to poking around in dead people's garbage: Words like 'masochistic', 'nosy,' and 'completely batty' spring to mind."
Paul Bahn. 1989. Bluff Your Way in Archaeology.

January 16, 2017 10:29 am  #35

Thank you Liberty! She is! 

It would make sense Sherlock's brain would 'see' her; I think! Clever! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

January 16, 2017 10:33 am  #36

Yes, it was kind of fun that there were so many things that you'd really have to have been watching the whole thing carefully to pick up on!  How many casual viewers would remember Uncle Rudi, for instance? 

January 16, 2017 10:41 am  #37

John mentions something about them not being able to trust anyone if Eurus had been able to get out, that is why they sneaked in.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

January 16, 2017 11:00 am  #38

And a pair of more headscratchers:

- you have a beautiful family house and you want to decorate the front lawn, to allow your children to play there? Why decorate it with the fake graveyard? Why not with a playground?

- the parents of Sherlock seem unaware that Euros drowned Victor, burnt their house and murdered a bunch o people - otherwise how could they reproach Mycroft that he put her into an institution? Also, how could she be taken away without their knowledge?

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 16, 2017 11:26 am  #39

If I remember, Mycroft said that she'd died in a fire.  I think they are reproaching him for not letting them know she was alive.  It was Uncle Rudi who initially put her away, I think (Mycroft would have been too young).

January 16, 2017 11:46 am  #40

nakahara wrote:

And a pair of more headscratchers:

- you have a beautiful family house and you want to decorate the front lawn, to allow your children to play there? Why decorate it with the fake graveyard? Why not with a playground?

Was it said that their parents decorated it? It was an old manor, this might have been also something old what you do not want to remove, Children had plenty room to play anywhere else. (Not that I would like playing my children among graves, even if fake.

Board footera