BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 16, 2017 2:52 am  #1

the red letter at the end of the credits- AN EM IO

So, this episode also had red letters at the end of the credits... American only, as far as I know. This is what the red letters/words (?) are:

AN EM IO

My buddies and I searched, and this is what we came up with:
It could be the word "Anemoi," Greek for "winds." 
From Wikipedia on Anemoi- "wind gods who were each ascribed a cardinal direction from which their respective winds came (see Classical compass winds), and were each associated with various seasons and weather conditions."
The Anemoi were the four greek winds: "The four gods were Boreas (North Wind), Notus (South Wind), Zephyrus (West Wind) and Eurus (East Wind)"
Anemoi are also called "Venti," which if I remember right is the Roman word for them.

Another thing could have been the "Anemoi Thuellai"
"They were the spirits of the violent storm-winds, They were kept locked away inside the floating island of "Aiolos (Aeolus)" and released at the command of the gods to wreak their havoc." Yeah, sound famaliar? Eurus on an island, let loose to wreak havoc? And she's one of the winds?
So, yeah. Crazy. My brain is going in circles with the whole episode, my heart is crying over the ending (so beautiful, but so worried!), and I'm pretty sure I have a couple gray hairs from all that. My throat hurts from yelling and screaming in shock so much...

Last edited by i'm-so-cHAngeAbLE (January 16, 2017 2:53 am)

The eyes are the mirror of the soul

#sherlollyforever

January 16, 2017 2:54 am  #2

Re: the red letter at the end of the credits- AN EM IO

I missed the red letters.  Probably because at that point I was talking about the episode with the people I was watching it with and wasn't paying attention to the screen that much.  

Very interesting observation!

Clueing for looks.

Board footera