BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 15, 2017 11:33 pm  #1

Questions about TFP

Okay, the first impression thread is too wild at the moment for this.

Did anyone understand how Eurus got out of Sherrinford? (to play girl on the bus, fake therapist...)

Did they explain how John survived after the ending of TLD? I mean she fired a gun at him! If I remember correctly he mentioned something in Mycrofts house at the beginning. But I didn't get that.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

January 15, 2017 11:36 pm  #2

Re: Questions about TFP

I also didnt get how she managed that... John was shot by a taser.

January 15, 2017 11:39 pm  #3

Oh taser was the word! Right, I didn't get that. I heard teaser or something like that. Thank you for explaining that. I was still so scared at that moment (because I hate horror films)

----------

January 15, 2017 11:42 pm  #4

You are welcome Still its a bit strange I mean why did she do that? Just as a joke or something?

And I mean sure it was a bit explained how she managed to do that... Still its strange... Like an explanation is missing somehow

January 15, 2017 11:42 pm  #5

Yeah, he was shot with a tranquilizer.

She probably got out because she was in (mental) control of the guards, and so could more or less do what she liked.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

January 15, 2017 11:43 pm  #6

Actually what John said was tranquilizer.  So Eurus knocked him out long enough to get away.  I have no problem with this because it becomes obvious that she needed John as part of her great game.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 15, 2017 11:46 pm  #7

Yeah that make sense now.

----------

January 15, 2017 11:47 pm  #8

Is anyone else wondering how the youngest Holmes sibling has telepathy, and if she was a Torchwood experiment? I mean, she controls people through speech. That is flat out stated, And the effect apparently is lasting. So, telepathic it is. So.... Torchwood? I'm half serious. 

January 15, 2017 11:48 pm  #9

And how did she manage to place a fake room near the Musgraves house? And John in the well?

​Well she's really good at manipulating people, so I can imagine she has "allies" in Sherrinford, but building a whole fake room?

Just like old times...

January 15, 2017 11:49 pm  #10

Hmmm, how come the biggest detective of the world convenintly forgets that his father is allergic to dogs? 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 15, 2017 11:51 pm  #11

What about the "nicer"? Was that explained somewhere?

"It is what it is."

January 15, 2017 11:52 pm  #12

nakahara wrote:

Hmmm, how come the biggest detective of the world convenintly forgets that his father is allergic to dogs? 

Sounds like something Sherlock would delete as irrelevant. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

January 16, 2017 12:04 am  #13

Victor Trevor is a canon character too, right?

----------

January 16, 2017 12:05 am  #14

I've got plenty of questions, not only from TFP, actually. I thought everything would be explained if this episode was meant to be the last one. There are some things from the other episodes, even from the other seasons I don't understand.  

Sherlock Holmes: I've disappointed you.
John Watson: That's good... that's a good deduction, yeah.
Sherlock Holmes: Don't make people into heroes, John. Heroes don't exist, and if they did, I wouldn't be one of them.

January 16, 2017 12:05 am  #15

Ivy wrote:

Yes, he appeared in "Gloria Scott".

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 16, 2017 12:06 am  #16

Ivy wrote:

Yeah, a college friend of Sherlock Holmes, originally.

Team Hudders!

January 16, 2017 12:07 am  #17

I have a whole bunch of questions, these the ones I can remember right now.

So they jumped out of the window and ran down the stairs to escape the huge explosion but had no injuries at all (though we don't know how much time passed)?

Did Eurus have the entire staff of Sherrinford under her thumb to be able to escape and have help with her plan?

In the 5 minute chat between Eurus and Moriarty she asked him to at some point film some footage of him making some train and ticking noises just in case he wasn't around later?

Why did no-one think to check the well when Victor went missing, I guess they might not have known about it?

Mycroft said he wasn't teasing Sherlock with all his mentions of the east wind but why at John's wedding did he mention Redbeard (did Sherlock at that time just think his dog went missing?) what if it had triggered all his memories and he had some emotional breakdown at the wedding?

How did Eurus get Sherlock and John back to the family home?

How did Eurus get John chained to the bottom of the well and where was the water coming from when it was being flooded?

John was chained to the bottom of the well but was expected to climb the rope when it was thrown in?

Eurus was completely wacko but all she really needed was a hug from Sherlock (though to be honest, who doesn't haha)?

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

January 16, 2017 12:50 am  #18

Lis wrote:

I have a whole bunch of questions, these the ones I can remember right now.

So they jumped out of the window and ran down the stairs to escape the huge explosion but had no injuries at all (though we don't know how much time passed)?

Did Eurus have the entire staff of Sherrinford under her thumb to be able to escape and have help with her plan?

In the 5 minute chat between Eurus and Moriarty she asked him to at some point film some footage of him making some train and ticking noises just in case he wasn't around later?

Why did no-one think to check the well when Victor went missing, I guess they might not have known about it?

Mycroft said he wasn't teasing Sherlock with all his mentions of the east wind but why at John's wedding did he mention Redbeard (did Sherlock at that time just think his dog went missing?) what if it had triggered all his memories and he had some emotional breakdown at the wedding?

How did Eurus get Sherlock and John back to the family home?

How did Eurus get John chained to the bottom of the well and where was the water coming from when it was being flooded?

John was chained to the bottom of the well but was expected to climb the rope when it was thrown in?

Eurus was completely wacko but all she really needed was a hug from Sherlock (though to be honest, who doesn't haha)?

I think the most plausible explanation is that they are all really the X-men. I refuse to even think deeper than that. :/ 

January 16, 2017 12:58 am  #19

My biggest open question... Eurus' X'mas present was 5 mins unsupervised conversation with Moriarty. Moriarty's X'mas present in return was "Redbeard". What was that about? He never even mentioned Redbeard when he was playing mind games with Sherlock before his death! There's like no linkage whatsoever?

All the other bizarre points about how John escaped when chained to bottom of well, no injuries from explosion, how most of 221B including books survived a grenade blast and fire etc. also bother me a lot, but they aren't necessarily plot holes like the Moriarty question.

Sigh... I'm so confused by this episode.

Last edited by TheOtherOne (January 16, 2017 1:18 am)

January 16, 2017 1:13 am  #20

TheOtherOne wrote:

Sigh... I'm so confused but this episode.

It's getting panned by very knowledgeable critics who used to be huge fans of the show for the same reasons you described. I think we all anticipated many questions would not be answered, but to completely abandon reason and logic for a Sherlock themed show, and to this extent? I know how unpopular my opinion is right now and I hear people saying 'just enjoy it, its entertainment' but the first two seasons were brilliant and made me THINK and proved to be much more than entertainment. I was provoked by the writing to THINK, enjoy the cases and deuctions, and now I am being told to accept and enjoy a Bond/X-men/Shutter Island knock off??? 

Board footera