BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 10, 2017 3:21 pm  #1

Anyone going to see The Final Problem in Halifax (UK)?

I'm staying in Hebden Bridge for a month and was very excited to get to see TFP at the cinema in Halifax. But I just got alerted that the performance is moving from 8:15 to 8:45, meaning that I will miss the last bus back to Hebden Bridge. I don't really fancy walking 9mi or paying something like 20 quid for a taxi and was hoping that someone on this board might be able to help me out with a lift?

Thank you,

Mary

John: That's clever. So you scratch their backs and...
Sherlock: Yes. And then disinfect myself.

January 15, 2017 11:34 am  #2

Re: Anyone going to see The Final Problem in Halifax (UK)?

We are now going to Halifax Vue (last minute decision because of the recent bad weather), and will be driving back through Hebden Bridge, so if you still need a lift, you are welcome to come with us.

January 15, 2017 2:51 pm  #3

Just sent you a PM. Thank you!

January 15, 2017 3:00 pm  #4

Mary, lucky you.
I got no such alert!
I just happened to check the cinema listing and it's telling me it's now 8.45...so I'm still kind of intending going in for 8.15.
Our weather's fine, now...but at least I might get the pick of the seats!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 15, 2017 3:24 pm  #5

besleybean wrote:

Mary, lucky you.
I got no such alert!

I bought my ticket the second they went on sale, hence why I got the alert as they offered me a refund if I didn't want to go anymore....

January 15, 2017 3:28 pm  #6

Sounds like you have a good service.
I bought my ticket some time ago.
I remembered that last year there was some confusion about the start time, which is what prompted me to check today.
I have also just recalled that we got our extras beforehand on TAB...and then went into the main show at 9 PM, the same as the rest of the country,
We are obviously not going to get to see it earlier this time, either!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 15, 2017 3:39 pm  #7

besleybean wrote:

Sounds like you have a good service.

I bought my ticket directly from Vue. Nice of them to alert me.

I have a reserved seat, but still want to show up early as I don't want to miss anything!

January 15, 2017 3:42 pm  #8

Ah that must be the difference, we were unable to book seats.
So it's first come, first served!
Well I suppose I could have booked premier seats, but I just went for the bog standard ones!

January 15, 2017 4:10 pm  #9

Have a wonderful evening, all of you!  It will be great seeing it in the cinema! 

January 15, 2017 4:12 pm  #10

Well I hope so...but I will definitely be watching it on TV again afterwards, anyway.
Well providing I'm not too traumatised, of course!

January 15, 2017 4:54 pm  #11

Liberty wrote:

Have a wonderful evening, all of you!  It will be great seeing it in the cinema! 

I feel so blessed to have been in Europe for this series! I was in Amsterdam for T6T and in the days prior to airing, there were giant "Miss Me" electronic signs all over downtown. It was impossible not to think of Sherlock!

January 15, 2017 4:55 pm  #12

besleybean wrote:

Well I hope so...but I will definitely be watching it on TV again afterwards, anyway.
Well providing I'm not too traumatised, of course!

I watched TLD on BBC One last week and was so traumatised by it (and I don't use the word lightly) that I had to immediately rewatch on iPlayer!

Board footera