BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 14, 2017 6:10 pm  #161

Re: Why didn't Sherlock recognise his own sister? Discuss!

besleybean wrote:

I think so.
Yet I do tend to think they have been hastened to a much quicker ending than they were intending.

Only if the BBC has told Moffat and Gatiss that they can't produce any more episodes.

Last edited by kgreen20 (January 14, 2017 6:11 pm)

January 14, 2017 6:11 pm  #162

Or if the actors have told them they are not available.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 14, 2017 6:16 pm  #163

True.  That, too.  Hopefully, Cumberbatch and Freeman's schedules (and the schedules of the supporting actors) are not now so busy that they will never be available to return to the Sherlock series!

January 14, 2017 6:19 pm  #164

For me this is the issue.
I think they have told Mark and Steven they are not available for a long time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 14, 2017 7:00 pm  #165

Are they already now sure that they are not available in 2020? Do they really plan  so in advance?

January 14, 2017 7:02 pm  #166

Well they've known before there would be 3 years between series, so I am assuming they know their schedules now.
Why else all the debate about it possibly being the last series?
It's obviously something quite different this time, as in thy cannot see where their schedules will cross.

January 14, 2017 11:01 pm  #167

Why could not they plan Sherlock and  only then fill the gaps by other work ? 

January 14, 2017 11:02 pm  #168

We wish.
They have to decide for themselves.

January 15, 2017 9:57 am  #169

I wasn't sure where to put this, but it has been niggling at me!  Eurus repeats Sherlock's line "We had chips" when she reveals herself to John.  That lets John (and us) know that "Faith" was one of Eurus' disguises.  But how did she know John had heard that line from Sherlock?  Is she so perceptive that she knew that Sherlock would say that, with John present, when talking about Faith? 

Or is this really just for the audience, rather than John?  I don't mind if it is.  Just wondering if I should be thinking more about how she knew. 

January 15, 2017 10:23 am  #170

Or else the government has certain people under surveillance!

January 15, 2017 10:34 am  #171

Or she is still in contact with CS and he reffered her before he was arrested. But I still have no idea why would they cooperate. Only  that she wants Sherlock dead but does not want to kill him herself, is looking for some bad guy who will do it some special way (otherwise she  might have  hired a standard assasin with gun).

January 15, 2017 12:06 pm  #172

Maybe it was something as simple as a hidden microphone. I'm not sure where or on whom, but it's possible. 

January 15, 2017 12:19 pm  #173

Maybe it's because they're siblings (maybe twins?) and it just shows that they just think really alike? 

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

January 15, 2017 12:31 pm  #174

Ooh.

January 15, 2017 1:12 pm  #175

She does know him very well.  I felt that her version of Faith was tailored to him.  He would not have been drawn to the real faith in the same way.  So even if they were separated in childhood (which I suspect - Sian has a distinctive face, and I really can't believe that Sherlock wouldn't recognise her if he'd been around her as an adult), she seems to understand him and be able to manipulate him expertly.  I suppose being a sibling would play into that. 

Board footera