BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 12, 2017 6:31 pm  #1

Miss me?

=10ptDid anyone notice that Mary Morstan's posthumous CD was also titled "Miss Me?" Is that a clue in plain sight or is it a googly? We know that Mary Morstan was an alias. Was the underlying person Euros? (remember when John was texting the woman on the bus from his bedroom at night, Mary was not in the room. So she could have been texting him from the other room.) So, John Watson was married to Sherlock’s sister all this while? Ha! Funny thought, even if not the ultimate storyline.=10ptThe only problem is if Mary successfully faked her death in John Watson’s arms, it really goes to show how pathetic a doctor he is (given that he failed to detect a similar act by Sherlock.) Or that the Holmes clan is truly, impossibly gifted in the art of deception (particularly acting out their own final moments)…  Euros taking the giant cake. Plot wise this would be difficult to justify though. Sherlock still had his friends – Molly, Mycroft, Mrs. Hudson (although she was not in on his big secret either) but Mary would have needed the help of others to fake her death too. Her “friendships” independent of John and Sherlock have not been developed, although she does talk about Culverton and a “common friend” in the last scenes of Ep2.  =10ptAnyway, the key question in my mind is who is the east wind after? Is she trying to avenge Moriarty’s death? Is she truly evil or trying to dispense with evil through rampant, Bond style, extra-judicial killing? And Sherlock stands in fundamental contrast to her violent ways. Was her sojourn with Watson only to satisfy a maternal urge? Does she truly care for him? 

January 12, 2017 6:58 pm  #2

Re: Miss me?

Mary says the CD was called Miss Me to get Sherlock's attention, so I think it's a red herring. 

Board footera