BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 11, 2017 10:11 pm  #1

How's John going to survive...

... the gunshot? (I didn't want to write such a huge spoiler in the title).

I'm not sure if it's been asked yet, but, what do you think? I think there's no bullet in the gun. I can't see it when Eurus shoots him.

Sherlock Holmes: I've disappointed you.
John Watson: That's good... that's a good deduction, yeah.
Sherlock Holmes: Don't make people into heroes, John. Heroes don't exist, and if they did, I wouldn't be one of them.

January 11, 2017 10:18 pm  #2

Re: How's John going to survive...

Good question. Maybe the gun was not loaded. But what I wonder is this - why use this as a cliffhanger? We have seen material from TFP, we know that John is going to be well. Maybe this will give us the expected Three Garridebs moment, Sherlock realising John is danger - the same way John realised Sherlock was in danger in TLD - and then come to his aid. And of course Eurus will be gone by then and they have to search for her. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 11, 2017 10:19 pm  #3

I know that this is just crack but the best thing I've read lately what someone posted on tumblr.  They said what should happen is that Ella should bust into the office with a shotgun screaming "Not On My Watch!  I've spent six years trying to keep this angry trashcan alive."  And then blows Eurus away.   

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 11, 2017 10:22 pm  #4

You can never see the bullet coming. Unless in an aquaruim
There's no kickback, this is what bothers me most. Eurus was certain she'd put a hole in John head so she wasn't trying just to scare him. Maybe somebody switched the gun? Like, Mrs. Hudson?

Last edited by ewige (January 11, 2017 10:23 pm)

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

January 11, 2017 10:27 pm  #5

tonnaree wrote:

I know that this is just crack but the best thing I've read lately what someone posted on tumblr.  They said what should happen is that Ella should bust into the office with a shotgun screaming "Not On My Watch!  I've spent six years trying to keep this angry trashcan alive."  And then blows Eurus away.   

Hahaha, yeah not after all the hours she has put in! 

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

January 11, 2017 10:29 pm  #6

I am not sure if the shot we hear was made by her.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

January 11, 2017 10:30 pm  #7

But we the the smoke, don't we?

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

January 11, 2017 10:51 pm  #8

tonnaree wrote:

Hahahahaha. How am I supposed to go on being serious after reading this! Wonderful and hilarious!

I think Eurus might want to scare John. She dropped the bomb: "I'm the secret sibling" and might want to play a little. Could it be that the gun was half-loaded? Russian roulette, maybe? It's quite Moriarty-like, isn't it? She might be playing a game with John's mind. She's being playing for a while now: assuming different identities, flirting with John, testing Sherlock...

Sherlock Holmes: I've disappointed you.
John Watson: That's good... that's a good deduction, yeah.
Sherlock Holmes: Don't make people into heroes, John. Heroes don't exist, and if they did, I wouldn't be one of them.

January 11, 2017 10:55 pm  #9

She is mad  or at least plays mad , it can be anything. 
But she wants something from him. She might have killed him many times, why such a complicated way how to arrange meetings with him and then kill him? 

Or was she waiting until CS is arrested? But why?

January 11, 2017 10:56 pm  #10

Sorry, I just couldn't resist.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 12, 2017 1:04 am  #11

Vhanja wrote:

Hm thats an interesting idea... I am indeed very curious!

January 12, 2017 1:14 am  #12

Well, we know she doesn't kill John, since he's shown in the preview.  That doesn't mean she doesn't injure him, though.

January 12, 2017 1:48 am  #13

I don't think she is shooting at John. If she's Sherlock's crazy (twin) sister (because sometimes it is twins) she just may be seeing someone in her mind who is making a face at her so she shoots it the way Sherlock shoots the wall or the way he shot CAM in the face.  See, it runs in the family, LOL.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

January 12, 2017 2:17 am  #14

Blanks in a gun also produce muzzle flash and smoke. Looks quite a bit like the firing of an actual bullet in fact.

reference: many years in SFX shooting blanks  :D 

January 12, 2017 2:35 am  #15

After this episode I'm not even sure that the last scene was real.
If it was, plan B is - someone interrupted Eurus, and the shot is from another scene.
But I expect surprise.

January 12, 2017 7:31 am  #16

Eurus wasn't aiming the gun at John but at the "him" she mentioned twice while talking to John. She sais: "My parents loved silly names like Eururs, or Mycroft, or Sherlock. Oh, look at him!" And after that "look at him" she adresses John again directly, not in the third person. So in the end, when she sais "He's making a funny face! I put a hole in it" she's not talking about John making a funny face, but that third person she mentioned earlier  making a funny face. So my theory is that she's hallucinating someone - probably Sherlock? - and aiming the gun at that hallucination, not at John.

January 12, 2017 4:50 pm  #17

Or could it be Mycroft at the end of a security camera?!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 12, 2017 5:04 pm  #18

Dumai wrote:

Vhanja wrote:

Hm thats an interesting idea... I am indeed very curious!

Interesting !
Maybe it's the final "shot" made by Sherlock/John/other when we see them all locked up in the same room in the trailer ?
In any case, I don't think she's talking about John in the end of TLD...

January 12, 2017 5:40 pm  #19

I am sure John is going to be injured, no matter how or what happens in the end. I am also worried that shes going to hurt Sherlock... depends on how the writers decided to write the episode... in the original story something very bad happens And if it should be the last episode ever... I will kill them if they give us a cliffhanger again xD

Last edited by Dumai (January 12, 2017 5:41 pm)

January 12, 2017 6:05 pm  #20

I don't think a cliffhanger as such...but may be kind of open.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

Board footera