BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 9, 2017 7:39 pm  #1

So, who is Euros's 'Mutual friend"? and is Euros a killer?

She tells John, in the last scene, that Culverton gave a  mutual friend Faith's original note [and that person added the ":Miss me?", then she [Euros] made sure Sherlock saw it. She also said , while holding the gun on John, that she didn't want to get blood on the carpet, because the psychologist who owned the place might not like it.Then I swear she said wait- she's in a sack in the cupboard....

January 9, 2017 7:45 pm  #2

Re: So, who is Euros's 'Mutual friend"? and is Euros a killer?

She did.  But not clear if she's drugged or dead. 

I'm certainly curious, because with all the twists and turns, I'm wondering if they'll make Euros damaged, but not evil.

January 9, 2017 7:50 pm  #3

Do you think Euros always drugged the terapist and put her to the sack always when John comes? I think she is dead but also do not want Euros to be evil. But what if the mutual friend was Moriarty?

January 10, 2017 5:06 pm  #4

Could be Mycroft too but I'd bet my money on Moriarty. Remember CS says in the hospital room with drips that some people choose not to forget. Sounds very much like our dear Jim.

Oh, and yeah, the therapist is dead. Firstly, if she was alive in the cupboard, she would still object to the blood in her living room when she comes to. Secondly, Eurus wouldn't hesitate with a minor character if she pulls her gun on John in such a manic way.

Last edited by ewige (January 10, 2017 5:08 pm)

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

January 10, 2017 5:36 pm  #5

I tend to agree...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 10, 2017 7:17 pm  #6

Ok, I just watched this last scene again and what Eurus actually sais to John is: "Culverton gave me Faith's original note. A mutual friend put us in touch [....] I added some deductions for Sherlock. He was quite good, but he didn't get the big one." So not the mutual friend added the "Miss Me?", but Eurus herself. My theory is that Moriarty being back and that whole "Miss Me?" wasn't actually Moriarty's doing but Eurus' plan to get back at her brothers. I found it interesting that Sherlock and Eurus were walking past Piccadilly Circus where we saw Moriarty's face appearing on all screens by the end of HLV. Ok, Piccadilly Circus is quite an obvious place to pass when walking through London, but I was still intrigued. 

And watching that last scene again, I noticed this: "My parents loved silly names like Eurus, or Mycroft, or Sherlock. Oh, look at him! Didn't it ever occur to you, not even once, that Sherlock's secret brother might just be Sherlock's secret sister? Huh! He's making a funny face. I think I put a hole in it."

So, twice during her conversation with John she suddenly talks about a third person, "him", someone  she can actually see in the room but who isn't there. So my theory is that she didn't fire the bullet at John, but at "him". My guess is she's hallucinating Sherlock, as the first mentioning of "him" followed after Sherlock's name. 

Last edited by Kae Em (January 10, 2017 7:20 pm)

January 10, 2017 7:19 pm  #7

Or imagining him and what she will do to him?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 10, 2017 7:21 pm  #8

That's possible, too, of course. 

January 10, 2017 7:25 pm  #9

I think you may be right about Piccadilly Circus being a clue.  Didn't they also use it for a publicity stunt just recently?

January 10, 2017 7:27 pm  #10

Did Euros set up the 'Miss Me' thing.

January 10, 2017 7:28 pm  #11

Liberty,
Yes they did. I don't think it's relevant tho...

BB,
I think her added clues were the about the fake daughter. We can't rule out the Miss me being her doing too, tho.

Last edited by ewige (January 10, 2017 7:29 pm)

-----

January 10, 2017 7:33 pm  #12

I just had a strange thought about the mutual friend - that Culverton keeps going on about being friends with the Queen!  And also Mycroft has that Queen portrait - which explodes in TST.    I don't really think she's guilty, but I thought it was funny that in retrospect, Culverton has talked about a particular friend!

January 10, 2017 7:34 pm  #13

Would have to be the Queen...ug. 

January 10, 2017 7:56 pm  #14

Liberty wrote:

I just had a strange thought about the mutual friend - that Culverton keeps going on about being friends with the Queen!  And also Mycroft has that Queen portrait - which explodes in TST.

I strongly believe that was just a fancy transition shot, Mycroft's office is fine when Lady Smallwood asks him out for a date...

****************************************************************************************************************************************
We balance probabilities and choose the most likely. It is the scientific use of the imagination.    

January 12, 2017 10:49 am  #15

But they are talking somewhere about meeting 3 years ago after which Faith wrote the paper. 3 years ago was Moriarty dead so who was the friend then? 

January 12, 2017 1:38 pm  #16

Preceja wrote:

But they are talking somewhere about meeting 3 years ago after which Faith wrote the paper. 3 years ago was Moriarty dead so who was the friend then? 

If did not Eurus set the date approximately, this is very important observation. I bet, everybody thought a moment about Moriarty, but is it not too obvious?

January 12, 2017 5:43 pm  #17

Well hang on....wait til next week!
But yeah, I know what you mean.

January 14, 2017 9:25 am  #18

XXXXXXXXXXXXXx

Last edited by Naavy (January 14, 2017 9:43 am)

January 14, 2017 9:28 am  #19

Even if the note was written three years ago it could have been passed only recently.

-----

January 14, 2017 9:42 am  #20

I just rewatched the scene - you are 100% right, and Eurus does not mention, she got the note three years ago! I was misleaded by earlier posts.

Board footera