BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 6, 2012 9:10 pm  #181

Re: How will John react when he finds out Sherlock isn't dead?

Davina wrote:

Sorry. Am I being dim here. Why would he ask for two sugars when he doesn't take sugar?

I wanted there to be something that John doesn't normally do but is doing in Sherlock's absence for Sherlock to catch him out on at the start of that particular scenario. I assumed that John is normally a tea drinker so him drinking coffee would be different & would arouse a remark from Sherlock. In hind sight, I should have got Sherlock to comment on the sugar instead. It's because I'm not as observant as Sherlock is. The real Sherlock (the character not Benedict ) would have commented on both the coffee & the sugar, thus showing how much more observant he is than the uber ringed gas giant.

September 6, 2012 9:13 pm  #182

Über ringed...like it! As I said I was being a pedant. Apart from that I like both possible scenarios.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 6, 2012 9:19 pm  #183

Actually, the biggest mistake that I made which no one has yet called me out on is the fact that in scenario one, Sherlock refers to John as Watson! In the BBC series, this does not happen. But I'm so used to thinking about him as Watson that it just slipped out in the dialogue sequence

September 6, 2012 10:28 pm  #184

Sentiment, dear Watson, is full of sentiment!

September 7, 2012 6:22 am  #185

saturnR wrote:

Actually, the biggest mistake that I made which no one has yet called me out on is the fact that in scenario one, Sherlock refers to John as Watson!

I noticed it but didn't mind    My sugar interpretation was a little different, it was seeing John left all alone holding on to something he wouldn't do otherwise but which creates kind of connection - just like people in grief often do.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

September 8, 2012 9:56 pm  #186

-

Last edited by saysomething (September 10, 2012 11:06 am)

September 11, 2012 7:25 pm  #187

Harriet wrote:

saturnR wrote:

Actually, the biggest mistake that I made which no one has yet called me out on is the fact that in scenario one, Sherlock refers to John as Watson!

I noticed it but didn't mind    My sugar interpretation was a little different, it was seeing John left all alone holding on to something he wouldn't do otherwise but which creates kind of connection - just like people in grief often do.

It's like John started taking sugar just because it made him closer to Sherlock somehow.

*runs off to be sick with all the cheese* 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

September 18, 2012 10:05 pm  #188

The reunion moment between Sherlock and John will not  left somebodie`s eyes without tears methinks.
Poor John when he will be realizing that so many months of mourning was devasteted. Poor Sherlock when he will  have to to realize that "returning from the dead " is not so easy as he may haved think.

October 10, 2012 8:19 am  #189

Just quoting here:

Mark Gatiss, co-creator of BBC Sherlock, has revealed that the first episode of the third series, starring Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman, will be based on The Adventure of the Empty House by Arthur Conan Doyle. The Telegraph quotes Gatiss: “There’s certain things about The Adventure Of The Empty House which feel set in stone because that’s how Sherlock comes back, but at the same time we feel free to invent and to introduce new stuff to it.  He also reveals that Martin Freeman’s Watson won’t be quite as understanding about the faked death as the version of Watson in the books, saying “I always found it a little unlikely that Dr Watson’s only reaction was to faint for instance – as supposed to possibly a stream of terrible swear words.  Series three of Sherlock will be filmed and most likely also be released, in 2013.

Looks like the Fanfiction writers got this one right - lol!

October 10, 2012 8:44 am  #190

Yes, he was very restrained in the canon. Can't see Martin reacting like that. He'll think it more than just a bit not good. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 30, 2012 2:31 am  #191

So finally, Martin speaks of how he thinks John will react to Sherlock's return ..... sort of:

Video here

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

December 30, 2012 2:49 am  #192

I can't quite see John fainting either. And, Martin of course give nothing away.    I trust Mark will live up to out expectations. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

December 30, 2012 11:39 am  #193

I'm guessing they will go with at least one epic punch to the face followed by a rather bitter argument and maybe even some crying/plate flinging. But for some mad reason I can't get the idea of John having a rather comical freak-out where he beats Sherlock unconscious like he's risen from the grave and screaming like a girl... Probably not but it would be one for the outtakes if he did. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

December 30, 2012 11:42 am  #194

Hmm.
Considering Mark is writing it, even the 'obvious' punch in the face only seems a 50/50 bet really.

He has a seriously sick sense of humour.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

December 30, 2012 12:11 pm  #195

I wouldn't be surprised if he draws on his love, and incredible knowledge, of the horror genre.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

December 30, 2012 12:24 pm  #196

Davina wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if he draws on his love, and incredible knowledge, of the horror genre.

Hmm, ..... 'John shows his displeasure by spinning his head around twice' ..... kinda interesting.
tee hee

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

December 30, 2012 1:09 pm  #197

Davina wrote:

That would not surprise me at all.

I'd like to see John have a nightmare about Sherlock coming back or just 'being there' (common amongst the bereaved)... a sort of 'false start' to the episode followed by the real reunion. That way we could have two versions.

Oh god, I've just had a thought... anyone watch Red Dwarf? Remember the kiss from 'Blue'? 

... JohnLock shippers are happy because they get something that's 'cannon' (but not really.) Non JohnLock viewers are happy because they can refute it 'because it's all a dream.' The papers/easily irritated viewers are happy because they have something to whinge about. BBC is happy because their ratings go through the roof.

I can be so diplomatic when I want to be. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 30, 2012 1:14 pm  #198

Hell I'll be happy with a hug!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 30, 2012 1:16 pm  #199

besleybean wrote:

Hell I'll be happy with a hug!

*hugs besleybean*

December 30, 2012 1:22 pm  #200

Yes, but I daresay Sherlock may analyse it like such:

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

Board footera