BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 8, 2017 11:53 pm  #21

Re: TLD Headscratchers

I think the CCTV guy told Mycrof they couldn't verify whether there was another person present because the video feed kept blacking out or something.

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

January 8, 2017 11:53 pm  #22

Vhanja wrote:

A headscratcher for both episodes now - what on earth did John write in his note to Sherlock?!

Maybe it really was a page full of expletives? 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 8, 2017 11:56 pm  #23

Why wants the girl want to shoot John but not Sherlock?

Is this finally the "I will burn the heart out of you" conclusion?
I never wanted to see Moriarty again. Now I kind of need to. Such is life, apparently.

"It is what it is."

January 8, 2017 11:57 pm  #24

nakahara wrote:

Vhanja wrote:

A headscratcher for both episodes now - what on earth did John write in his note to Sherlock?!

Yeah, doesn't look like something they will ever show us.
But since the conspiracy theories from TST didn't come to fruition, I think it's not so important anymore.

-----

January 8, 2017 11:58 pm  #25

nakahara wrote:

Vhanja wrote:

It hasn't been explained. They never leave things unexplained, so I think this will come up.
I think it was too significant as a scene for just being expletives

"It is what it is."

January 9, 2017 12:14 am  #26

Whisky wrote:

nakahara wrote:

Vhanja wrote:

It hasn't been explained. They never leave things unexplained, so I think this will come up.
I think it was too significant as a scene for just being expletives

Yes I think that scene will definitely be explained... because at the beginning of TLD John told the therapist Sherlock has not been in touch at all, and we've been shown that's not the case and John gave Sherlock a note. That's another headscratcher.

January 9, 2017 12:16 am  #27

Molly gave Sherlock the note. Perhaps she didn't tell him that Sherlock had been there?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

January 9, 2017 12:19 am  #28

Vhanja wrote:

Molly gave Sherlock the note. Perhaps she didn't tell him that Sherlock had been there?

Molly, Molly... Enjoy that cake while you can...

-----

January 9, 2017 1:18 am  #29

Well Mycrofs calls the sister Eurun in TFP trailer, not Sherrinford.

-----

January 9, 2017 1:24 am  #30

Why does Sherlock have a letter addressed to S.Holmes at 156 Montaguest (Montague St?) London?

Last edited by Lis (January 9, 2017 1:25 am)

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

January 9, 2017 1:32 am  #31

It's probably a very old one. He used to live there before he moved to 221B in the pilot.

-----

January 9, 2017 1:36 am  #32

Ah yeah thanks, I completely forgot that! Hope it wasn't anything important if he still hasn't opened it haha.

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

January 9, 2017 2:45 am  #33

I think Sherrinford is a place, not a person. Perhaps where the sister was all these years? A mental facility? And something keeps telling me that Eures, Exx, the therapist, AND CS's daughter are all the same person. I'm losing it here.

January 9, 2017 3:04 am  #34

Eurus, Exx and the therapist are the same person. CS's daughter is a different person.
Lady Smallwood asks Mycroft whether he's talked to Sherrinford. I'm not sure such wording can be used in regard to a place...

-----

January 9, 2017 3:31 am  #35

The Mywood  scene is in Mycrofts office though. The wrong probably MP one.
Remember Mycroft was appalled at Sherlocks suggestion he had a goldfish, thought Sherlocks idea was ridiculous.

"Man may not be degraded  to being a machine by being denied to be a ghost in the machine."
It's just transport. The virus in the hard drive . However impossible .Must be the truth.

January 9, 2017 3:31 am  #36

Above notes were a result of reading the posts. Just watched TLD. Oh my.

January 9, 2017 4:17 am  #37

Schmiezi wrote:

Liberty wrote:

My headscratcher.  I'm a bit puzzled about Culverton's real daughter, who walked with a cane, but also wore high heels - very unusual.  Was that ever explained?

Well, Jurassic World taught me that you can outrun dinosaurs in high heels. So what? ;-)

Ha ha!  That for me was the most unbelievable part of that movie!  I found that woman wearing those heels in the jungle through the entire film completely ridiculous! 

"Is that why you're calling yourself Greg?" 
"That's his name!"
"Is it?"

January 9, 2017 4:23 am  #38

So I've just watched it again.

1. Right in the beginning: whose hand is holding the gun? John didn't get to see Norbury firing her gun, did he? Is he having a bit of a premonition about the end of this episode? It looks like he's going down after the shot has been fired UPD: yep, it's the same shot like in the very end of the ep.

2. Which friends is Rosie with? Greg? :D

3. What's with the therapist's accent? Is she faking an accent?

4. Eurus must be very, very smart to set up the note (and her appearance) in such a way that Sherlock comes to the exactly right conclusions. Many different spices, eh?.. So I suppose she wasn't locked up in an institution but then... why isolation (not institution, but Mycroft?)? and how come we've never heard or seen anything from her?

5. How can CS be so sure his daughter and Sherlock have never met? Maybe he had something to do with Eurus going to Sherlock... UPD: "Culverton gave me Faith's original note" - she says by the end of the ep. OK then...

6. How come Lestrade knows Sherlock shot CAM in the face? I thought it was top secret with a D-notice bow on the top!

7. "The posh boy loves the dominatrix."

-----

January 9, 2017 6:43 am  #39

Probably not a headscratcher at all but just a question - what's this business with High Wycombe (sp?)?
What are they referencing here?

-----

January 9, 2017 9:24 am  #40

ewige wrote:

So I've just watched it again.

1. Right in the beginning: whose hand is holding the gun? John didn't get to see Norbury firing her gun, did he? Is he having a bit of a premonition about the end of this episode? It looks like he's going down after the shot has been fired UPD: yep, it's the same shot like in the very end of the ep.

It's the same concept (ie. gun/ shot being fired), but not the same person in both. The opening scene has someone wearing dark (black?) long sleeve clothes. That's not what Eurus was wearing at the end of the episode when she fired the gun. This opening scene also comes up during Sherlock's scene with Eurus/ Faith Smith on the bench by the Thames. When you see it it cuts straight to the London Aquarium then back.

Board footera