BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 8, 2017 1:17 pm  #1

Favourite Scenes

In the last week, he have done our fair share complaining about everything we did not like about TST. We have dissected, analysed and discussed. I thought, now that we have mere hours until we get to see TLD, let's once more celebrate this first episode of the new season for what it is. Which scenes/moments did you enjoy? What made you laugh or made you cry?

****************************************************************************************************************************************
We balance probabilities and choose the most likely. It is the scientific use of the imagination.    

January 8, 2017 1:28 pm  #2

Re: Favourite Scenes

The obvious: John's note and the session with Ella are the most emotional and believable scenes for me.

The fun bits: the rattle, the immovable Toby, "Are you having a little jo-ke", Mary and Sherlock in Morocco.

More subtle: Sherlock being present during John and Mary's convo in Morocco, Sherlock trying to comfort John in the aquarium and John's reaction.

Shallow: WET SHERLOCK. I think I'll never recover from seeing that.

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

January 8, 2017 2:15 pm  #3

For me there is a whole list:

-Mycroft and Sherlock bickering at the beginning
-Molly and Mrs. Hudson in John and Marry's living room
-uncle Sherlock
-John and bus-stop lady story line
-John changing Rosie's diaper
-the Ghost Driver storyline
-Lestrade's happiness about Sherlock "remembering" his name and John's little "I know"
-Mary trying to solve cases with an infant in her arms
-Mycroft trying and failing to conjure up any kind of emotion when faced with a photo of baby Rosie
-"It's a pearl! Get another one"
-Appointment in Sumatra
-Balloon John
-All the Toby scenes
-Sherlock reaffirming his vow to Mary at the graveyard
-the childhood flashback
-Sherlock confronting Mycroft about AGRA
-Mary's letter
-Mary's reaction to Sherlock sitting in her hotel
-John and Mary's intimate talk (bonus for Sherlock sitting in the background the entire time)
-Lady Smallwood in her confrontation with Mycroft
-Mary and John talking in their living room after they got back, before Sherlock texts them
-the death scene: Mary saying "you were my whole world", John's reaction, the swelling of the music. My heart broke there and then, also Sherlock throughout
-the shot of the burning coffin
-The video message and Sherlock's reaction to it
-Molly giving Sherlock John's note

Last edited by Lola Red (January 8, 2017 2:16 pm)

****************************************************************************************************************************************
We balance probabilities and choose the most likely. It is the scientific use of the imagination.    

January 8, 2017 3:23 pm  #4

Oh, I've forgotten to mention Sherlock's positively manic face at the end of his fake "Jim MoriaRRty!" deduction

Last edited by ewige (January 8, 2017 3:23 pm)

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

January 8, 2017 6:18 pm  #5

There is much I liked about this episode:

- Sherlock munching ginger nuts
- Sherlock and Mycroft fighting over his phone
- Balloon John
- Uncle Sherlock
- The boy in the car case (that was creepy!)
- John entering the room in Morocco ("It was my idea")
- John and Mary's talk
- John's flirting
- Toby not moving ("fascinating!")
- Mary's death scene (get all teary-eyed every time I watch it)
- Sherlock at Ella's.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

January 8, 2017 6:21 pm  #6

The last one was heart wrenching.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 8, 2017 6:29 pm  #7

It was.

Oh, and I forgot a lovely little detail:

- Wee Sherlock writing fix-it fanfiction. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

January 8, 2017 6:35 pm  #8

Something else I missed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 8, 2017 6:42 pm  #9

I loved loads of scenes, but I have a soft spot for every scene with Mycroft.

"I met Thatcher once.  Rather arrogant, I thought"
"You thought that?"
"I know"

Etc.

January 8, 2017 6:44 pm  #10

Yes, Mycroft never fails to deliver.
He really sounds like Mummy when he says "Are you tweeting?"

January 8, 2017 6:44 pm  #11

I love how the British Government becomes a 12-year old whenever he's in the same room as his little brother.

Team Hudders!

January 8, 2017 6:46 pm  #12

Sherlock does that to people!

January 8, 2017 7:07 pm  #13

I think family members tend to do that to each other - I find that part quite realistic and endearing!

January 8, 2017 7:08 pm  #14

Me, too.

January 8, 2017 7:08 pm  #15

Same here.

Team Hudders!

January 8, 2017 10:05 pm  #16

-"Are you tweeting?"
-#ohwhatabeautifulmorning
-Water overlays
-Sherrinford mention
-Sherlock's fake deduction
-"Is it my birthday?"
-Pool fight (not very Sherlock-y, but kind of fun to watch!)
-Shark analogy
-Mary in Morocco
-Ella and Sherlock

May 28, 2018 9:11 pm  #17

Rachel Talalay showed some unused footage from TST at the US Sherlocked Convention last weekend. The description of these scenes sounds amazing. More info can be found on this blog:
http://fffinnagain.tumblr.com/post/174328502023/rachel-talalay-and-the-case-of-the-missing

O, learn to read what silent love hath writ:
To hear with eyes belongs to love’s fine wit.
(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

May 29, 2018 6:01 am  #18

Absolutely amazing stuff, thanks for sharing.

May 29, 2018 6:18 am  #19

Fascinating!  It sounds like an amazing talk and it would have been great to see these scenes.  Interesting to hear about the changes from the original. 

May 29, 2018 6:20 am  #20

Yes, I remember seeing the odd sneering comment about Rachel being a guest...those of little faith!

Board footera