BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 8, 2017 8:12 am  #1

Searching good fan fics for translate

I need some really good fan fics from different sources to translate to Russian language.
After series 4 we all need a lot of Johnlock with happy-ending)
We was in awe of English fics "A finger slip", "Save", "Text me when it's over", "Once more, with feeling!", "Tuck me in" and other. And I need something like these fan fics.

Last edited by Redheart (January 8, 2017 8:28 am)

Just me.

January 8, 2017 8:32 am  #2

Re: Searching good fan fics for translate

Hey there,
I translate fanfiction into Russian too!
It's rather difficult to find a story that hasn't been translated yet, Russians seem to be extremely prolific and quick translators. I'm afraid recommending fics wouldn't work anyway since tastes differ and you need to be really invested in a story to finish the translation - especially if it's like, 300k long
I suggest you search AO3 for fics that you like and check the translations table on fanfics.me and other fanfiction sites.
Sorry to be so unhelpful (since as a Russian speaker I'm probably among the most qualified ppl here to answer your question) but I often rant about faster-than-lightning Russian translators, so welcome to the club!
...You can also start an intro thread in case you want to introduce yourself http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewforum.php?id=6

EDIT: oh, wait!
We have fic rec master lists here: http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewforum.php?id=32
More or less sorted by rating and genre (gen or slash). Maybe you take a look there. Tonnaree has recommended a new story (CAN'T BE TRANSLATED YET!!!) just yesterday.

Last edited by ewige (January 8, 2017 8:36 am)

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

January 11, 2017 9:16 pm  #3

Re: Searching good fan fics for translate

We also have a Master list with fics from forum members. I can't give you the link as I am on my mobile but it is easy to find at the fan fic section of the forum.

If you find something you like, you can contact the writers right here. :-)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

Board footera