BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 3, 2017 3:57 pm  #1

Lestrade calls out to Ajay by name

So when the police arrive at Sandeford's house where Sherlock and Ajay are talking about Mary, Lestrade first shouts out, "Ajay!! You're surrounded!!"

How did he know his name?! Even Sherlock didn't know until he accessed the memory stick. Script glitch (not likely) or a clue to something else?

January 3, 2017 4:25 pm  #2

Re: Lestrade calls out to Ajay by name

Lestrade says "Armed police ! You're surrounded !", can someone confirm ?

January 3, 2017 4:49 pm  #3

Pops wrote:

Lestrade says "Armed police ! You're surrounded !", can someone confirm ?

From the captions on the video both on the PBS site and my DVR recording it says "Ajay" not "Armed Police".

January 3, 2017 4:50 pm  #4

Yeah Lestrade says "armed police" first

Edited to add I checled BBCiPlayer's subtitles and it says armed police.

Last edited by Lis (January 3, 2017 4:53 pm)

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

January 3, 2017 4:50 pm  #5

Here's a capture...

January 3, 2017 4:52 pm  #6

But they knew it was him, didn't they?
Hadn't they worked out by then?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 3, 2017 4:52 pm  #7

That said, on third listen, I'm OK with "armed police" instead of "ah-jay". CC error I suspect.

January 3, 2017 5:18 pm  #8

Netflix has 'Armed Police' as well, but it does sound muffled (and with my bad hearing). 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 3, 2017 9:35 pm  #9

I think that was just for the audience, give us a spoiler while we were watching. Clues to help us figure out who's Ajay.

January 3, 2017 9:38 pm  #10

This is something else I will have to listen out for, when I re-watch tomorrow.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 3, 2017 9:52 pm  #11

On bbc iPlayer it's armed police followed by lay down your weapons two times.

"Man may not be degraded  to being a machine by being denied to be a ghost in the machine."
It's just transport. The virus in the hard drive . However impossible .Must be the truth.

January 3, 2017 10:46 pm  #12

How would he have known it was Ajay?  They were looking for an unknown criminal, whom Sherlock thought was working for Moriarty.  "You know nothing".  It also sounds like "armed police".  I think it must be a captioning mistake.

January 3, 2017 10:48 pm  #13

Yeah sorry...only having my second viewing tomorrow.
Things happened very fast and I've obviously remembered wrongly...
I will try and pay attention when I re-watch tomorrow.

January 3, 2017 11:02 pm  #14

No need to apologise!  I watched it again, and it seems I missed various details.  The various flashbacks/flashforwards don't help.  It's not easy to remember - when we saw x, what had the characters seen?

January 3, 2017 11:03 pm  #15

Exactly.
I fell into the trap of thinking the other characters have all seen what the audience has seen!

Board footera