BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 27, 2016 7:58 pm  #1

Benedict Fan Art

Not sure if I should put this in the fan art section as it just seems to be for Sherlock art so hope it's ok that I created a new thread for any Benedict non Sherlock fan art.

I got an art set for Christmas so I decided to do some more painting today and this is what I did

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

December 27, 2016 8:26 pm  #2

Re: Benedict Fan Art

That is beautiful! A great choice of motive too, and very detailed too! 

Thank you for sharing! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 27, 2016 8:50 pm  #3

Thanks!!

As soon as I saw the poster I knew I wanted to try painting it, I finally got around to it haha.

December 27, 2016 9:35 pm  #4

Wow, it's amazing! You say it's a painting, and I can't even imagine how you made the light so... transparent... with a brush! I'm always afraid to mess it up when working with non-digital media.

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

December 27, 2016 9:38 pm  #5

This is really good! You say you got your paint set for Christmas and now you've already finished a painting.  That's impressive!  I, too, like how you did the light.  I look forward to perhaps seeing more of your art in the future.

Clueing for looks.

December 27, 2016 9:50 pm  #6

Thank you both!!

To get the light effect I watered down the paint a little but only put a tiny bit on my brush and was kind of...dry painting? Like blending with very little paint, not sure how to describe it haha.

I've never done any digital art, I'd like to give it a go but I don't think I'd be very good.

I definitely hope to paint some more though as I really enjoy it so I'll definitely post if I do

December 27, 2016 9:53 pm  #7

Great! I thought about dry brushing too but I'm too much of a coward to paint the picture and then mess around with a wholly different color, dry brush or not
I too am looking forward to seeing more of your art, Lis.

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

Board footera