BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 20, 2016 10:27 am  #141

Re: Was Mary trying to kill Sherlock, or was it really "surgery"?

Are those TV shows from the US? Perhaps it's different in the UK?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

December 20, 2016 10:32 am  #142

It's from Denmark though... but yeah maybe so

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 20, 2016 6:37 pm  #143

I imagine in the UK, the police would come to a shooting too.  In my experience, paramedics are sent ahead of the ambulance too - the paramedics can assess and start treatment before the ambulance arrives. 

But this is fictional, and the the only way I can get my head round it is to think of it as a sort of alternative "fantasy" universe, where things happen differently.   I believe that the "eight minutes" is actually a standard - ideally most life-threatening situations are supposed to get an ambulance response within eight minutes.  It's not the "time and ambulance will take to arrive" - obviously that will vary and depend on different factors.  I think the eight minutes has just been used as a plot point, and only "works" in the Sherlock universe. 

December 20, 2016 8:42 pm  #144

Hmmm, according to Steven Moffat Mary absolutely adores Sherlock... so the shooting was actually an act of adoration and such acts are not investigated by police. 

(That would also explain while Lestrade nor Mycroft seem concerned about Sherlock being shot....)

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

February 4, 2019 12:13 am  #145

wow! such the great details here. thank you!

Board footera