BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 1, 2016 2:35 pm  #781

Re: Doctor Strange (spoilers)

KeepersPrice wrote:

Apologies if this has already been posted here or elsewhere on the Forum but I just spotted this ad for Norelco razors on TV last night and wanted to share. Short and sweet and made me smile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRHuuLH1Utw

Never apologize for posting shirtless Ben.
*thud*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

November 1, 2016 3:32 pm  #782

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

Also... I need some help from people who have seen it. My best friend was supposed  to come with me today but she's still in psych ward, not doing too well... She's schizophrenic and often have psychosis, also why she's in the psych ward now... I'm not really an expert but I wonder if certain scenes could be bad for her... as in triggering her illness.

Could someone who's seen it help me out? I sort of want to 'keep her away' from it until she's much, much more stable.

I'm not an expert, either, but I would say that what we see in the movie is far from being a 'stable environment'. Time isn't stable, the world isn't stable, whole cities are turned upside down... there isn't much to hold onto, it's all very confusing.
So I guess I wouldn't take her to watch the film. But maybe someone else who has ssen it has more of an expert view about this.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

November 1, 2016 5:14 pm  #783

Thank you, Solar, I've been coming to the same conclusion too... I don't think she needs this right now.

And have fun Tonne!

Also, that video can't be seen too many times! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

November 17, 2016 2:36 pm  #784

Congrats to Benedict and Chiwetel on their nominations for Evening Standard British Film Awards:

http://johnnlocked.tumblr.com/post/153302182236/rox712-british-talent-also-dominated

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 17, 2016 3:26 pm  #785

Very well deserved I think!! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

November 22, 2016 1:23 pm  #786

Lovely message for Korean fans:

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

November 22, 2016 1:25 pm  #787

Such a sweet man. 
And reading up on Edison as well. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 22, 2016 2:22 pm  #788

He's cute as a button!

And nice clue about The Current War as well!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

November 28, 2016 6:29 am  #789

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 28, 2016 7:25 am  #790

I'm so proud! Well done!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

November 28, 2016 11:59 am  #791

Perfect!

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

November 28, 2016 2:26 pm  #792

I am so thrilled Doctor Strange is a success.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

December 1, 2016 4:30 pm  #793

Amazing news: six nominations at the Critics' Choice Awards:

http://tendergingergirl.tumblr.com/post/153908392936/moriartysskull-six-nominations-for-doctor

December 1, 2016 4:40 pm  #794

Awesome!! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

December 1, 2016 8:03 pm  #795

That´s fantastic news!

December 4, 2016 6:15 am  #796

I haven't seen these posters before, apologies if they've already been posted

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 4, 2016 12:44 pm  #797

They are gorgeous! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

December 4, 2016 10:38 pm  #798

Very nice!

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

December 5, 2016 8:06 am  #799

These are beautiful!

December 5, 2016 8:50 am  #800

I can't find the links now, but they say a second film is coming!

I hope they will show that in cinemas here... Doctor Strange was never even shown in my local cinema... 

I really wonder if he did something to offend the Danes... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera