BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 4, 2016 1:31 am  #1

Writing a paper on Sherlock - mind taking a survey?

I'm writing a feminist critique on "Sherlock" for my college writing class, and I made a survey. If you watch the show regularly, would you mind taking it? It'd be SUPER helpful, thanks so much!!!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/29WCM2V

Also, if you'd like to comment below, can you tell me your opinion on "The Abominable Bride" in its portrayal of feminism?

December 4, 2016 11:17 am  #2

Re: Writing a paper on Sherlock - mind taking a survey?

Done - and welcome!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

December 4, 2016 12:10 pm  #3

Done. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 4, 2016 1:07 pm  #4

Done! Good luck with your paper!

About TAB and feminism, I think it was timed well, considering the anniversary of women's rights to vote and while being a look back at how vicious that fight had to be, I also think it draws some parallels back to our modern times. Sherlock (unless you go by some of the EMP theories) was imagining it all with a modern mind... while himself saying he is a man out of his time; he seems to care about women having equal rights and treated as such (the avenging 'ghost' taking revenge on men who wasn't treating women right; simply on the basis that they were women)

But I'm not the best at discussing feminism and equal rights I suppose. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera