BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 27, 2016 4:31 am  #1081

Re: Doctor Who

I totally agree, Vincent and the Doctor was definitely one of Matt Smith's best. I'm a big fan of Amy's Choice too

~proud member of OSAJ~

What is Lestrade's division?

April 23, 2016 8:28 pm  #1082

So, what do you think about the new companion?

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-36111598

I must say from the little scene they showed that I already like her character. She seems funny and adventurous. And I am glad that from her looks she isn't that model type like Amy or Clara were.
I'm looking forward to the new series. I wonder whether she already will be in this years christmas special.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

April 23, 2016 8:30 pm  #1083

Yep, she looks quite cool.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 25, 2016 3:19 am  #1084

I just saw on IMDB that Pearl Mackie who plays Bill, the new companion, was in the 2013 film Svengali with Martin Freeman and Natasha O'Keeffe. Anyone seen it?

Last edited by ukaunz (April 25, 2016 3:48 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 25, 2016 12:53 pm  #1085

She looks nice. Could be interesting.
Although I have to admit that I had hoped for a more... mature companion again. I think Donna was a brilliant sidekick to the Doctor. And I know of course that all of his other companions also challenged the Doctor from time to time, but nobody impressed me as much as Donna did.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

April 25, 2016 1:10 pm  #1086

All I can say to that is that it's hard to tell from a short teaser what she'll be like throughout the entire series.
I didn't find her immature, but then again I didn't have time to watch the whole video.  It think she looks like she'll be cool, though.  I think it's cool she has the name "Bill" also.

Last edited by Yitzock (April 25, 2016 1:11 pm)

Clueing for looks.

April 25, 2016 2:20 pm  #1087

Maybe I wasn't really clear about what I mean. Of course it is very well possible that she will be mature and show a lot of life experience. Gosh, I don't know how to say this without sounding mean, but... I'm a bit tired of those girlish companions. I'd like to see a woman for a change. And yes, I know, it's just a trailer and all that and she might turn out to be just what I'd like to see. But I doubt it. That's all. Never mind.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

April 25, 2016 3:48 pm  #1088

No, it's fine.  You don't sound mean.  It's hard for me to tell about them being "girlish" as you say or not because I haven't been keeping up with the show very well, mostly watching the older episodes to catch up (I am in the middle of the Donna episodes, when River Song first appears).  I still don't know what Amy Pond is really like and I have only seen the earlier Clara episodes from series 7 and then a few of the first episodes from series 8.  But I am also not sure whether that's a trend that's been happening, even with what I have seen.  Couldn't we say that some of the earlier companions could be "girlish" at times, also.
Sorry if I still don't get what you mean.

Clueing for looks.

April 25, 2016 4:01 pm  #1089

Flat shoes, trousers and shortish hair suit me!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 25, 2016 4:49 pm  #1090

I'm loving the older Doctor, and it would have been interesting to have a completely different companion (I was wondering about an older woman or a man, although I know that traditionally, it's almost always an attractive young woman!).   If we're going to have that tradtional young woman, then I'm fairly happy with what I've seen of Pearl ... what I'm really hoping for is that she's not going to be jumping around in his timeline, changing things.  Clara got to be a bit much. 

October 8, 2016 7:37 pm  #1091

It's almost Christmas (well, in about two and a half months)!  It feels strange having a Christmas special straight after ... a Christmas special, but I'm looking forward to The Return of Doctor Mysterio.

It seems Doctor Who is called Doctor Misterio in some countries (I remember Peter Capaldi mentioning that in an interview!).  Will be funny to see how it translates!
http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-03-17/peter-capaldi-embraces-role-of-doctor-misterio-on-arrival-in-mexico

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-10-07/is-peter-capaldi-the-villain-in-the-doctor-who-christmas-special

Last edited by Liberty (October 8, 2016 7:49 pm)

December 3, 2016 12:27 pm  #1092

I had trouble working out where to put this video! It's such a mix of stuff: Peter Capaldi and Pearl Mackie (playing Doctor Who's new companion); Steven Moffat talking about the Doctor and new companion, writing DW and Sherlock, leaving DW, and whether S4 is the last season of Sherlock (I don't believe it will be, and I doubt Steven thinks so either).

Let me know if I should post this anywhere else!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 3, 2016 1:21 pm  #1093

It seems good here, as mainly about Doctor Who!  But yes, that bit at the end, yes, maybe it could go in another thread too?  I actually felt he sounded less convincing about it carrying on in that clip than he ever has.  "The BBC hasn't asked us" ... "we don't know if it will ever come back" ... "if it ended here, that would make sense" ... "I sort of vaguely assume that we're not done, but I don't know that" ... "most TV shows die sort of unexpectedly" .  I think he's just being honest here, but it's a lot less forthright than his "I'd be extremely surprised if there wasn't a Season Five" (paraphrasing).   Still, I'm not going to worry about it.  Maybe just his mood on that particular day, or getting fed up with the question.  S4 looks like it's going to be fantastic, and it's almost upon us!

Last edited by Liberty (December 3, 2016 1:24 pm)

December 17, 2016 9:52 am  #1094

TV guide interview with Peter Capaldi about the Christmas special

Love the bit about Dr Strange

Last edited by ukaunz (December 17, 2016 9:53 am)

December 17, 2016 12:08 pm  #1095

I don't know why it is, Ukaunz, but your links never work for me!  I've tried quoting so I can get the link out seperately, but when I quote, the link doesn't appear.  Really odd.  Maybe I need to try a different browser.

Anyway, only just over a week to go until new Doctor Who!

December 17, 2016 12:20 pm  #1096

You only have this problem with my posts? Weird.

I found the image on twitter, it was posted by @Ruther2 about 3 hours ago.
Does this link work?
https://mobile.twitter.com/Ruther2/status/810048570019684353

December 17, 2016 12:31 pm  #1097

Yes, that one works fine!  Thank you!  I have no idea why it is just with your posts.  The really odd thing is that I can't even highlight them to copy and paste them.  But I've found I can now right click, copy image location and paste that it into my browser.   I suppose I'm supposed to be seeing the image, rather than the link?

Last edited by Liberty (December 17, 2016 12:31 pm)

December 17, 2016 12:36 pm  #1098

I have been doing the "tap and hold" which is how you copy images on an iPad, and then pasting the copied URL into img tags. I wonder if anyone else is having trouble viewing them?

December 27, 2016 3:39 pm  #1099

Ugh. I can't seem to get the iPlayer to work, and I've only returned from my mum's place today... the rerun is apparently in the middle of the night... 

does anyone have any brilliant ideas?? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 27, 2016 3:55 pm  #1100

Maybe trying a different browser for Iplayer?  Sometimes I find it doesn't work on one, but will work on another.  Good luck!

Board footera