BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 30, 2016 6:52 pm  #841

Re: The "Good News" thread

That's good to hear! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

September 30, 2016 6:53 pm  #842

Completing is her problem, so I just hope she holds it together this time.
She has my brother not too far away and he seems to be taking care of her.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 30, 2016 6:56 pm  #843

All my best wishes and hopes for her! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

September 30, 2016 7:00 pm  #844

Thank you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 2, 2016 10:09 am  #845

Oh boy. David Tennant will be back on a theatre stage next spring. Be still, my beating fangirl heart. 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

November 2, 2016 10:14 am  #846

Ooh! That should be an experience! Are you going this time too? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

November 2, 2016 10:27 am  #847

I'm sure that was meant as a rethorical question, right...? 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

November 2, 2016 10:36 am  #848

Ha! Obviously!

I hope you have an awesome time! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

November 2, 2016 1:44 pm  #849

Thank you! I'm sure we will.
This is totally crazy, the news went public only this morning and the ticket sale has already started half an hour ago. What can I say... we couldn't resist and bought tickets for three performances. I love being a fangirl.

November 2, 2016 2:07 pm  #850

I'm going to join that trip. Absolutely crazy. And yes we will try to meet him at the stage door.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

November 2, 2016 4:15 pm  #851

Awesome news, girls.
Looking forward to new stage door pics. Don't forget to look into the lens this time, gently.
Wish I could join you but January is almost impossible to get off....

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

November 2, 2016 5:10 pm  #852

Oh, but this time it's not in January, mrshouse. It'll start in March and we'll be going at the beginning of May.

November 12, 2016 6:59 pm  #853

My best friend proposed to her boyfriend today! And he said yes!

I'm so happy for her, and him too! She's been planning this back and forth the last 6 months... she was supposed to wait until their Christmas trip... but yeah; she got impatient. 

He's such a good match for her, and I get so happy when I see him treat her well. She deserves the very best! And he's really been there for her. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

November 13, 2016 3:35 pm  #854

That's nice.  That must be exciting for them.

Clueing for looks.

November 15, 2016 12:43 pm  #855

I feel really happy right now! 

I have been waiting for my boyfriend to come to the country for over 2 years now... and we have never been able to make any concrete plans. It's been hard for me, and I'd really wanted to know when... or even if, but it's been difficult to ask. 

My best friend told me she had put him on the guest list for her wedding next year... and I felt a tug in my tummy... of worry, not knowing if he would be able to. 
But I told him and he said that he was planning on being with me by then. 

My heart is doing backflips right now! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

November 15, 2016 1:54 pm  #856

That's great!

Clueing for looks.

November 27, 2016 6:30 pm  #857

I just want to say that I'm happy that I'm in a better place than I was a year ago. 

Facebook has this thing where it shows you posts on the same day through the years... and the posts from a year ago are a bit gloomy. If I hadn't won a gift card for fastfood I was looking at going hungry. I was seeing my doctor for malnutrition because I had lived off of pasta and ketchup... I had so little to live for when rent and stuff was paid it was ridiculous. 
It was last year I asked my family for food instead of Christmas presents too... 

I'm not rich. I'm on disability, mind. But my fridge is pretty full, my freezer is too. I already bought most of the Christmas presents... and I've still got money left to put aside and start saving some up for the future. 

I hope I never have to end up there again. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

November 27, 2016 8:20 pm  #858

I remember you telling us about asking for food instead of presents.  I'm glad you're doing better this year.

Clueing for looks.

December 2, 2016 1:50 pm  #859

I'm bursting with something that happened to me last Monday and Solar suggested posting it here to release some pressure.

Well, on Monday I had the fan-day of my life so far. And this time it didn’t concern Sherlock or Benedict but Tony Hadley. Tony Who? You may ask. He is an English singer, best known for being part of the band Spandau Ballet who was most successful back in the 80s. And I follow him for more than 30 years now, also with his solo stuff, which he already does longer than working with Spandau Ballet.

On Monday he had a gig in my home town. We went to the venue early to check the waters a bit. We toyed with the idea to invite him for a Gluhwein and maybe a chat for 30 minutes or so at the nearby Christmas Market if he would have enough time.
We actually met Tony, he had time and felt like spending time with us. In the end we went to two different Christmas Markets together, met members of his band, had very interesting chats partly with personal topics, which I never expected him to tell us, drank Gluhwein and ate chestnuts. Which he paid.

Most times we had met him after concerts just for maybe 10 minutes together with other fans. He knows our names and that we live in Germany. He always is kind to us.
But this time we had spent two hours with him and he was nicer than ever before. He never tried to get rid of us. And he is "star" enough to do so without any problems. In a nice way of course. I am still stunned that he shared thoughts with us which normally aren’t meant to the ears of fans.

I still am on cloud nine and won’t get down that fast again.

Last edited by gently69 (December 2, 2016 3:02 pm)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

December 2, 2016 2:17 pm  #860

Lautrela is right, these kind of things are the best reason to get up each morning and go to work and earn some money for more and more and more events like this one.
I'm so happy for you, gently (as you already know)..!!

Board footera