BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 11, 2016 5:55 am  #81

Re: Donald Trump

I just now noticed this thread. Another American here!

I'm from Montana, where our local news sources gave our three electoral votes to Trump even before the polls opened. It was a forgone conclusion. *sigh*

I've never been so ashamed of or frightened by my countrymen, and while many people are preaching unity and setting aside differences, I'm just sad and scared.

Please know that if you're an American and feel this way too, you aren't alone.
And if you aren't American, please know we aren't all full of hate here. I promise.

Sherlock is my happy place right now.

"What do we say about coincidences?"
"The universe is rarely so lazy."

November 11, 2016 3:16 pm  #82

BlueBluenova3 wrote:

And if you aren't American, please know we aren't all full of hate here. I promise.

Oh, don't you worry, I'm sure that everyone here on this board knows this. After all, the majority of people who cast their votes did give their vote to Hillary Clinton and not to Trump. This is probably the weirdest thing about it all: As a European I'll never fully understand your voting system. More people voted for Hillary than for Trump - but those votes are basically lost, aren't they? It's a tragedy, now more than ever.
Nevertheless, don't be too sure about countries like Germany or France being a save haven. We have a problems here, as well, and who knows where we'll stand in one year...

Last edited by SolarSystem (November 11, 2016 3:18 pm)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

November 11, 2016 8:08 pm  #83

SolarSystem wrote:

BlueBluenova3 wrote:

Oh, don't you worry, I'm sure that everyone here on this board knows this. After all, the majority of people who cast their votes did give their vote to Hillary Clinton and not to Trump. This is probably the weirdest thing about it all: As a European I'll never fully understand your voting system. More people voted for Hillary than for Trump - but those votes are basically lost, aren't they? It's a tragedy, now more than ever.
Nevertheless, don't be too sure about countries like Germany or France being a save haven. We have a problems here, as well, and who knows where we'll stand in one year...

Uhhhggh....  tell me about it....      All the talk of things being rigged, and it's our same system (and not enough people voting, or going third-party) that let him win in the first place (and of course now we're all supposed to "come together and heal and accept it and move on and respect the office etc etc... yeah, just like did with Obama??).  And now hearing many stories of minorities being told to 'go home' or lashed out against... I worry for them.  I heard that Americans are getting the thing trending again that people in the U.K. did after Brexit, with wearing a safety pin as a show of 'safety' solidarity to those affected?  I may just have to do that...  fellow citizens on here, too!   But thank you for the compassionate thoughts!

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

November 11, 2016 9:27 pm  #84

seen here: http://peace-love-colbert.tumblr.com/post/153052457010/camren-canola-jergi-no-comment

Last edited by Ivy (November 11, 2016 9:29 pm)

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

November 12, 2016 10:23 am  #85

It worked. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 12, 2016 8:36 pm  #86

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

November 12, 2016 8:43 pm  #87

I remember that one, so funny, smart eagle!

----------

November 12, 2016 9:31 pm  #88

Whenever he makes a decision the eagle should be in the room, just to make sure.

----------

November 15, 2016 9:47 pm  #89

Don't wanna be an American idiot -one nation controlled by the media , information age of hysteria , calling out to any in America!

Ever cross your minds you have been lied to by Rita Skeeter type   paid for media stooges ?
Consider Iraq WMD and UK elections and brexit and the situ in France and Geeece and the US elections etc etc etc!
Lies lies and dammed lies from the msm.

Typical example the Trump quote posted is a fake and never happened !

Do your research folks!

"Man may not be degraded  to being a machine by being denied to be a ghost in the machine."
It's just transport. The virus in the hard drive . However impossible .Must be the truth.

February 5, 2017 12:37 pm  #90

Trump is definitely an interesting character and he let's on more than he shows.

Not even Fox News, despite their conservative bias is not all 100% with him.

February 5, 2017 12:54 pm  #91

Well I'm pleased to hear it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

Board footera