BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 2, 2016 1:18 pm  #1

Is it possible to download from Netflix Sherlock and watch offline?

Hey everyone
So, something embarassing as a true Sherlock fan happend.... my year was quite busy and (I really don't know how this could happen!) I totally forgot to watch the 3rd season  (shame on me!). So I was thinking about downloading all 3 seasons and watch them when I'm on the road, to catch up everything before the release of season 4  But Netflix doesn't has an offlie service  I was thinking about buying blurays on amazon, but just thought maybe there are other ways (and before someone's losing his/her mind, I'm only asking for a legal way to do so!). I heard about 3rd party softwares but I'm not quite familiar with this, maybe any experiences? Thank you all!

November 2, 2016 1:41 pm  #2

Re: Is it possible to download from Netflix Sherlock and watch offline?

Well, if you are amazon prime customer it should be possible to buy them for offline use.

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

November 2, 2016 8:45 pm  #3

All episodes are also available to download on iTunes.

O, learn to read what silent love hath writ:
To hear with eyes belongs to love’s fine wit.
(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

November 4, 2016 12:18 pm  #4

Netflix doesn't offer an offline service yet, but they will propably do at the end of the year (don't have any proof for that, I was reading it somewhere ). So if you don't want to switch to amazon or itunes, you could try like you already suggested a 3rd party software. I have recently been testing a few different software applications that can capture online video streams and I am truly impressed with the audials moviebox. You can save all desired films and series almost overnight with a simple click on an autoplay function! No matter if it is netflix or other streaming sites... That is really great ! And also the whole thing is legal since you are only recording what is streaming on your computer, as long as you keep using it for your own purpose. You need a tool like this: http://audials.com/en/how_to_record_stream_capture_music_videos_movies_from/netflix.html
So I hope I could help you a little, have fun with Sherlock, as a true fan you will really enjoy the 3rd season  

Board footera