BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 31, 2016 6:47 pm  #1

Benedict in German TV today (31. October 2016)

Hey, just heard it five minutes ago!
Apparently Benedict is going to be a guest in today's German TV show Circus Halligalli on channel Pro7!!! At 22:10.

I'm curious if he really is going to be there? Im a little sceptical but they promoted it like that. Hope he is treated nicely and they don't ask embarrassing questions. 😊

Last edited by Rache (October 31, 2016 8:49 pm)

- - -

Breathing is boring!

English isn't my first language, feel free to correct me via PM!

October 31, 2016 7:09 pm  #2

Re: Benedict in German TV today (31. October 2016)

I've seen a picture of it around Tumblr I think... So I do think it's happening... 

I hope it gets to youtube, from what I've read people say it's a funny show? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

October 31, 2016 7:47 pm  #3

Yeah they make fun of everything. I've seen the show only once or twice but I know some of the other shows the two hosts are doing. It CAN be a bit too 'stupid' what they do, but there certainly is going to be the chance for the right amount of good fun. They definitely address a young audience.
Excited now!

Last edited by Rache (October 31, 2016 7:48 pm)

- - -

Breathing is boring!

October 31, 2016 9:32 pm  #4

Stupid show, but Benedict was lovely beyond belief...!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

October 31, 2016 9:41 pm  #5

I want to cry.
German TV as embarrassing as ever. I mean it was embarrassing on purpose but that doesn't make it any better, at least in my opinion.
The only good thing is that Benedict knew and played along and he was very sweet and charmant in this interview.
He even spoke some German words! And he did it quite well.

I will see if the channel is going to upload this interview and post the link here. If you'd like to see it anyway.^^

Fremdschämen pur! (would be the fitting German phrase here)

SolarSystem wrote:

Stupid show, but Benedict was lovely beyond belief...!

Oh yes he was!!!

Last edited by Rache (October 31, 2016 10:27 pm)

- - -

Breathing is boring!

October 31, 2016 10:39 pm  #6

- - -

Breathing is boring!

October 31, 2016 10:58 pm  #7

What in the world did I just watch?

But bless, Benedict was so incredibly patient and polite. Wow! (did he know it was a joke?)

(also... I was actually shocked how much of the German I actually understood. Turns out my advanced German classes might have paid off) 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

October 31, 2016 11:13 pm  #8

Well, from the way he answered I strongly believe he knew it was supposed to be a joke. No idea if he was told beforehand or if he deduced it when that woman came into the room.

How adorable he is when he mentions his mum and dad. 

(Great to hear about that, Phantom. The woman in particular spoke with a Berlin dialect. Not easy. Just ask, if you're missing something you'd like to understand^^)

- - -

Breathing is boring!

November 1, 2016 8:33 am  #9

Oh my, I couldn't get thru it at first for all the Fremdschämen O.o

On the other hand, we know from the vlog of one of the reporters that the time slots were very tight (2 or 4 minutes per person) so this whole remote interview must have been well organized to play out at all. No way Benedict was completely unprepaired. And I think it might have been a welcome change in the routine for him.
And yes, Mama and Papa!.. So adorable!

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

November 1, 2016 11:59 am  #10

Just to be fair - I sometimes find Joko and Klaas quite refreshing compared to other hosts. For example I always detested Gottschalk in his horrible outfits and often was very ashamed at the way he behaved towards guests. And we should remember that Sherlock, Doctor Who, etc. are the cream of British television, the best of the best. There is a lot of disgusting trash over there, some of it as bad or even worse than the stuff you get here. 

That said, I think it may even have been refreshing for him to get a diversion after having answered the same questions for weeks. No reason to be ashamed there, if you ask me. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 1, 2016 5:25 pm  #11

I haven't see it yet, I'll watch it later. A friend told me last Saturday that he'll be on. I think will have a problem with fremdschämen too, but I heard he handled it gracefully as usual.. 

I just watched the interview with the wonderful Florian David Fitz ().

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

Board footera