BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 17, 2016 7:23 pm  #601

Re: Doctor Strange (spoilers)

Cool that this thread just got a new update, because I've spent the evening geeking out over the two trailers we've got. Really looking forward to this!

Hope Ben will be there for you, Lautrela!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

September 17, 2016 7:56 pm  #602

I am so excited for this!! I keep squealing each time I'm reminded of it! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

September 23, 2016 2:40 pm  #603

Here is a very nice extract from a new Empire article: 

Benedict Cumberbatch is Empire’s latest cover star, to be unveiled later today. But he very nearly never wore Doctor Strange’s famous cape – as he and his Marvel masters have revealed in our cover feature.

Cumberbatch was “the only actor we seriously considered”, the film’s director Scott Derrickson says. But the actor had already agreed to play Hamlet in London’s Barbican in autumn of 2015, and Strange was aiming for a summer 2016 release date. It seemed like it wasn’t meant to be. “It just wasn’t possible,” says Derrickson. “To his credit he said, ‘I can’t bail out of Hamlet. I’ve given my word.’”

The director met with “a lot of good actors”, including Joaquin Phoenix, Jared Leto and Ryan Gosling, but eventually he returned to Marvel Studios head honcho, Kevin Feige and said, “It’s got to be Benedict.”

Cumberbatch genuinely thought he’d lost the part. “I really did think I had to kiss it goodbye,” Cumberbatch tells Empire. But Marvel were keen to keep their man, and so – unusually for a production of this size – the summer 2016 release became an autumn 2016 release.

“If you can’t jump on board when the ride’s going past. that’s usually it,” Cumberbatch admits, “so the hugest compliment they paid me was to come back to me. It motivated me to try to fulfil their faith in me.”

For more on the secrets of Doctor Strange and Marvel’s most mystical offering yet, pick up a copy of Empire – on sale from 29 September. Subscribers will be getting their copies this weekend – join their revered legions by getting a subscription to Empire here.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 23, 2016 3:12 pm  #604

That's amazing, and I really like Benedict for that decision actually, it says a lot about him I feel. And how lucky are we to get it all?? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

September 23, 2016 3:21 pm  #605

Yes, it is very much him to keep his word and do a stage play instead of a big Hollywood film. Good for him that it worked out in the end but it makes me very happy to see that he stayed true to his word. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 23, 2016 4:20 pm  #606

Also shows how much he is wanted!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 23, 2016 5:12 pm  #607

Very big deal for a production of that size to wait on an actor. 
However, look how perfect Benedict is for the part! 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

September 23, 2016 5:22 pm  #608

Just so.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 23, 2016 8:09 pm  #609

That's wonderful.  Daaaaaang, dude!  *claps*    Marvel waited for Ben, and Hobbit waited for Martin, who both wanted to keep their promised commitments, but were indeed the absolute perfect for it....  I love it.

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

September 24, 2016 7:50 pm  #610

I got a nice surprise today at the train station, passing by the magazines on my way to pick up a drink for my train ride... 

Benedict was on the cover of Total Film; and I had to own it. I haven't read the article yet as I want to have a clear head for that... 

But this is the cover: (almost worth the £10, ugh) 
https://www.instagram.com/p/BKuwv5CDnNi/ 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

September 24, 2016 7:53 pm  #611

Nice cover but £10?!

September 24, 2016 8:04 pm  #612

Yup. Imported magazines are insanely expensive here... so it's quite an investment. The Elle cover was cheaper for me to have sent by mail than it was buying it here. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

September 26, 2016 6:18 pm  #613

Help. I've fainted and I need a doctor!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

September 26, 2016 6:19 pm  #614

Feck!

September 26, 2016 8:07 pm  #615

Marvellous! 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

September 26, 2016 8:37 pm  #616

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

September 26, 2016 10:46 pm  #617

I freaking love that costume.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

September 27, 2016 5:36 am  #618

It is very cool.

September 27, 2016 12:02 pm  #619

Nice gif from mental_leaps:

September 27, 2016 12:04 pm  #620

This is lovely. He is looking very, very attractive in this film. 

Board footera