BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 11, 2016 1:02 pm  #21

Re: Secret Santa Fic Exchange 2016

Questionnaire received, just gonna take a little time to think about it properly. :D

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

September 11, 2016 3:52 pm  #22

Of course, take your time!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

September 11, 2016 7:30 pm  #23

Received mine as well
Are you sure you have time enough to organize, Schmiezi, the move happening and everything?

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

September 11, 2016 7:46 pm  #24

Thanks for asking. :-)

I will send you the prompts just before moving and will be settled before posting the fics begins.

Plus, ukaunz volunteered to help, and she will habe more time to do so while I am moving.

Perfect timing. :-D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

September 14, 2016 6:03 pm  #25

Bump! :-)

September 19, 2016 11:56 am  #26

The Boss will take part too. :-)

September 19, 2016 3:13 pm  #27

Hooray!

Clueing for looks.

September 19, 2016 6:21 pm  #28

Ah, the Secret Santa...
I want to participate again, but I'm not sure. Lots of things happening this year around -yet again- so...I'm still pondering.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

September 20, 2016 3:26 am  #29

Aaaaand decision taken: I want to take part in this year's Secret Santa, and I will.

(who's surprised? )

Ooohn this is exciting...!

"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

September 20, 2016 4:14 am  #30

That's great!!!

September 20, 2016 6:10 am  #31

I am still considering it, sorry for my indecision... but I'm against saying yes to something if it turns out I can't finish. I know what work goes into such events!

But I'm starting to lean towards a yes...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

September 20, 2016 8:15 am  #32

I perfectly understand.

*hands over a plate of cookies* Is that helping with your decision?

September 24, 2016 6:36 pm  #33

One more week to join us!

September 27, 2016 4:55 pm  #34

As a participant of all past fic exchanges I was naturally looking forward to this year‘s Secret Santa as well. After many days of musing I finally decided with a heavy heart that I won’t take part at this year‘s event.
In an other thread I already told about the disc prolapse I suffered from a few weeks ago. Sadly my condition hasn’t improved since then if anything it even got worst There were days, I was barely able to move around my flat. Well, fortunately it’s not that bad any more, it’s slowly getting better but the improvement is very slow and surgery might still be necessary.
On the one hand I am currently on sick leave and probably will be for a while longer, so I might have time to write. On the other hand I don’t know how my recovery is going on, there are good and bad days at the moment. The fic exchange has always been a lot of fun but to me but also a bit stressful. And I’m afraid, at the moment I need all my energy to get better. Besides I don’t want to make a commitment to something I won’t be able to put all my concentration into or that I even might not be able to fulfill at all. That wouldn’t be fair to any potential recipient.

I do have a few little ideas though. So, when I have time and energy I might be doing a little something for in between the stories.
I’m still looking forward to this year‘s Secret Santa and will try to read and comment on every story. Have fun everybody!

Last edited by stoertebeker (September 27, 2016 4:56 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

September 27, 2016 5:29 pm  #35

Glad you are feeling better, stoertebeker, and best of luck for your future recovery!

Questionnaire filled out and sent.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

September 27, 2016 6:52 pm  #36

Sorry to hear that stoertebeker, but I hope you recover just fine.  Even if you aren't writing, I'm sure we'll have your comments on the stories to look forward to.

Last edited by Yitzock (September 28, 2016 1:44 pm)

Clueing for looks.

September 27, 2016 6:57 pm  #37

Oh stoertebeker, I am so sorry to hear that. I fully understand why you don't want to take part this year. Take your time to concentrate on getting better without adding additional pressure, that's a very good thing to do. All the best for your recovery!

September 28, 2016 7:17 pm  #38

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

I am still considering it, sorry for my indecision... but I'm against saying yes to something if it turns out I can't finish. I know what work goes into such events!

But I'm starting to lean towards a yes...

So, are you in?

September 29, 2016 7:37 am  #39

Can't believe it is that time of year already- count me in !!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can always tell a good Chinese place by examining the bottom third of the door handle"

September 29, 2016 9:36 am  #40

This is great, notyourhousekeeperdear! 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

Board footera