BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 19, 2016 3:44 pm  #41

Re: Emmy nominations for TAB

Woohoo.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 19, 2016 4:33 pm  #42

Now that is what I like to hear! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

September 19, 2016 6:11 pm  #43

Awesome news if that's what it means, but... I'm slow. How does "not reward greed" equal confirmation of S5?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

September 19, 2016 6:27 pm  #44

I understood it like that: they were courted by other TV channels and chose to stay with the BBC even the others might have offered more money. 

But Steven is also talking about talking with Benedict and Martin about new ideas as "in the future", i.e. not with regard to S4 but to S5. This is how I understood it. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 19, 2016 6:47 pm  #45

Exactly, I was commenting on his words, it sounds very promising to me! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

September 19, 2016 6:53 pm  #46

I would love if they are talking about S5. And I did hear for quite a while ago (way before TAB) that S4 and S5 had been commisioned. Not sure if that is true, though.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

September 19, 2016 7:01 pm  #47

I'm doing all I can to remain possible on that one! Why end a good thing! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

September 19, 2016 7:06 pm  #48

I have to admit, I am hoping for S5 as the final season, and thus written like that with a proper ending. For several reasons: We don't know how long they can keep going and I can't imagine anything worse than this series stopping in the middle with a lot of loose ends because Ben and/or Martin decides they won't or can't continue. And waiting for years to see if maybe it will continue makes it worse, because we never know if that will happen, and the chance of it seem to increase after every sesaon.

Also, they should quit while they are ahead. They writing, acting and production quality of this show is amazing. I want it to stay that way, and that can't happen if they continue for too long. I think series are at their best when they have a clear narrative with a planned ending instead of just going on and on for as long as it's popular (and often further than that).

So best scenario for me is Ben and Martin saying "Yes, we will do S5, but that will be the last one". Saying that in advance, so that Moftiss can work with that and write S5 accordingly.

Team Hudders!

September 19, 2016 7:08 pm  #49

Personally i think the talent is there to go on for a long time yet.
But it is up to the team.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 19, 2016 7:27 pm  #50

In my ideal world we'll still have Sherlock when Ben and Martin are old and grey. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

September 19, 2016 7:29 pm  #51

Mine, too.

September 19, 2016 7:45 pm  #52

In my ideal world too. But I know that's not how real life works, so I stick with what I see as the best realistic scenario.

Team Hudders!

September 19, 2016 7:51 pm  #53

I like the idea of having it go on for years and years.  After all, ACD wrote the stories over years and years.   And yes, it's sad when good series go bad because they just keep going when they should have stopped.   But there are such long breaks between these that maybe it will keep it fresh.  I understand wanting an ending!   And it would have to be a happy one - I really don't think they could kill either of them off, unless they fastforward to old age!

September 20, 2016 6:07 pm  #54

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 20, 2016 6:10 pm  #55

I first saw it on Twitter.
He is an absolute darling, love him to bits.

September 20, 2016 6:18 pm  #56

Oh no, I've done that myself!  There's no way to get it off, can't go back to the shop in case they think you've nicked it.  I ended cutting mine out and leaving a hole.  So funny that it happens to the great and good as well!

September 20, 2016 7:09 pm  #57

Haha, that's lovely! 

Team Hudders!

September 20, 2016 7:28 pm  #58

Liberty wrote:

I like the idea of having it go on for years and years.  After all, ACD wrote the stories over years and years.   And yes, it's sad when good series go bad because they just keep going when they should have stopped.   But there are such long breaks between these that maybe it will keep it fresh.  I understand wanting an ending!   And it would have to be a happy one - I really don't think they could kill either of them off, unless they fastforward to old age!

This is mostly how I feel too Liberty.  Even though it's so hard to wait between Series, I think in the end the long breaks are a good thing.  Along with fewer but longer episodes.  I think this does help keep it fresh.  The writing and the acting.  The actors have a lot of freedom between series to go and do whatever they want so they are less likely to get bored or tired of it.  Plus, because they are not tied down to 20-25 episodes a year every year, when they come back to Sherlock it's a choice.  They do it because they enjoy doing it not because they have to honor a contract.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

Board footera