BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 26, 2016 11:24 am  #41

Re: Holmes/Watson from Other Adaptations

Playful conversation from "The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes", put in a wonderful setting:

One of Arwel´s new tweets featured a bath... maybe we will have something similar in Series 4?  

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

March 26, 2016 11:25 am  #42

Bromance with a totaly silent B:

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

April 13, 2016 11:17 am  #43

April 13, 2016 2:37 pm  #44

Best line in ANY adaptation, hands down:

April 13, 2016 2:54 pm  #45

Haha!

Clueing for looks.

April 26, 2016 10:23 am  #46

Alan Rickman as Sherlock Holmes in a theatre play in 1976. Cooool!!!!

April 26, 2016 7:25 pm  #47

Awww!   Really cool!  Never heard of him having done such a play.

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

April 26, 2016 7:42 pm  #48

I was not aware of that ever happening, either! Very cool! I wonder who played his Watson.

Clueing for looks.

April 26, 2016 7:57 pm  #49

A quick googling revealed this program:   https://www.arthur-conan-doyle.com/index.php?title=Sherlock_Holmes_(play_1976_with_Alan_Rickman)   

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

May 13, 2016 2:59 am  #50

Well, it turns out I've been watching the wrong Russian Sherlock Holmes adaptation, oh well!

The one I've been watching is the 2013 TV series, not the one from 1979 starring Vasily Livanov that everyone raves about. I didn't realise there were two Russian adaptations, wasn't paying attention  But this one is worth a look too.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2465266/

I just finished the second episode, and not sure if I'll continue with it or not. The character of Sherlock Holmes doesn't feel quite right to me (Watson is very good though) and it has a very Russian flavour, but the production values are quite high. I think the subtitles on the YouTube video are letting me down because I got a bit confused about what was going on sometimes. The ACD stories are quite loosely adapted which means it's hard to predict the plot!

Anyway, have some pics of Igor Petrenko as Holmes (left) and Andrei Panin as Watson (right)That's the character of Sholto in the middle.

And home in front of the fire in 221B
Their flat usually looks a lot shabbier than this in the series.

If anyone is interested in watching Episode 1, "Baker Street 221B", here it is.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VzwBIvVwuOg

Last edited by ukaunz (May 13, 2016 4:35 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 13, 2016 3:09 am  #51

But hang on, this is the same fireplace with the other Russian Holmes and Watson, isn't it? I'm confused 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 13, 2016 2:30 pm  #52

Whoever those "other" Russian Holmes and Watson are, I'm in love with that sweet, baby-faced Watson.  Almost as cute as our John. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

August 2, 2016 7:49 am  #53

Older Russian series. The hands of Sherlock and John. Awww....

September 14, 2016 12:11 pm  #54

Very good Elementary scene which subverts the usual "bomb-diffusing" cliche.
Much better than "off-switch" IMHO:

September 14, 2016 5:43 pm  #55

Ha ha!  I need to get round to watching Elementary.   I'm currently watching House - does that count as a Sherlock adaptation?  Probably not.

September 14, 2016 6:14 pm  #56

Liberty wrote:

Ha ha!  I need to get round to watching Elementary.   I'm currently watching House - does that count as a Sherlock adaptation?  Probably not.

I think it does!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

September 14, 2016 7:32 pm  #57

Schmiezi wrote:

Liberty wrote:

I think it does!

I think so too. There are many references to ACD in Dr. House, so it is an adaptation in a way. 

October 27, 2016 7:53 am  #58

October 28, 2016 2:12 pm  #59

October 28, 2016 3:31 pm  #60

That sad violin really got me.  That scene in Holmes' room was so tender and sad. When Watson was playing the violin it was like he was gently caressing Holmes himself.  So sweet.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

Board footera