BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 27, 2016 9:04 pm  #6561

Re: The comprehensive Johnlock guide (Johnlockers only)

Oh, that was lovely. 

I really liked the way it was written, do you know if the author has written any fics?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

August 27, 2016 9:08 pm  #6562

I don´t know, but I hope she did, I would like to read some more of her work... 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

August 27, 2016 9:16 pm  #6563

If I got it right, the author's user Name at AO3 is roquentine. Can't link it properly from my smartphone, sorry.

And yes, it is lovely.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

August 28, 2016 1:38 am  #6564

nakahara wrote:

Nice scenario/fic that i wouldn´t mind seeing fullfilled onscreen:

http://roquentine19.tumblr.com/post/149538000038/the-first-time-it-happens-is-53-days-after-the

My heart.....................................

This played out so perfectly in my mind's eye.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

August 28, 2016 6:10 pm  #6565

Currently binge watching TJLC videos because they make me happy.

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

August 28, 2016 6:11 pm  #6566

Rebekah is great, isn't she? 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 28, 2016 6:41 pm  #6567

I haven't watched them yet - I'm saving them for when I am away from my family soon. :-)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

August 28, 2016 6:43 pm  #6568

They will keep you busy for quite some time.

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 28, 2016 8:51 pm  #6569

SusiGo wrote:

Rebekah is great, isn't she? 

She's smart and funny and adorable.  

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

August 28, 2016 8:54 pm  #6570

I will probably never manage to watch all the videos but the ones I saw are very good. And I felt quite honoured when she asked me if she could reference two of my tumblr posts. Looking forward to see what she makes of them. 

August 28, 2016 10:37 pm  #6571

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

August 28, 2016 10:45 pm  #6572

August 30, 2016 8:47 am  #6573

August 30, 2016 9:23 am  #6574

Yes, the choice of word is quite interesting. 
And he knows how to woo his man, it seems. 

August 30, 2016 11:52 am  #6575

Sorry if this has been mentioned but I just discovered this 10-part meta about the mind palace courtroom scenes in TSoT. I have not managed to read them all so far but they are incredibly interesting. 

http://heimishtheidealhusband.tumblr.com/tagged/courtroom-women-%26-mayfly-men

Just to give you a taste of the ideas in there: 

A room full of women of all types. Five of them are singled out, they are all in a way attached to the same man. One of them is different from the others. She is petite, dyed blonde, sassy, dressed in red. 

Rings a bell, doesn't it? Now what about this?

A room full of women of all types (John Watson's targets of flirting). Five of them (Sarah, the one with the nose, the one with the spots, Jeanette, Mary) are singled out, they are all in a way attached to the same man (John Watson). One of them is different from the others (not girlfriend but wife). She is petite, dyed blonde, sassy, dressed in red (Do I need to go further?).

August 30, 2016 12:49 pm  #6576

SusiGo wrote:

Yes, the choice of word is quite interesting. 
And he knows how to woo his man, it seems. 

I seriously wonder what Mary did to woo John. :-/

August 30, 2016 1:01 pm  #6577

SusiGo wrote:

Sorry if this has been mentioned but I just discovered this 10-part meta about the mind palace courtroom scenes in TSoT. I have not managed to read them all so far but they are incredibly interesting. 

http://heimishtheidealhusband.tumblr.com/tagged/courtroom-women-%26-mayfly-men

Just to give you a taste of the ideas in there: 

A room full of women of all types. Five of them are singled out, they are all in a way attached to the same man. One of them is different from the others. She is petite, dyed blonde, sassy, dressed in red. 

Rings a bell, doesn't it? Now what about this?

A room full of women of all types (John Watson's targets of flirting). Five of them (Sarah, the one with the nose, the one with the spots, Jeanette, Mary) are singled out, they are all in a way attached to the same man (John Watson). One of them is different from the others (not girlfriend but wife). She is petite, dyed blonde, sassy, dressed in red (Do I need to go further?).

I have read the first part of it just now (taking advantage of the fact that my son is taking a nap on my belly and I am basically  [b]forced [/] to read Sherlock stuff on my smartphone). I think it is very interesting, and I definitely love the author's enthusiasm.

Thanks for the link, Susi.

August 31, 2016 2:22 pm  #6578

Yeah, I’m there if you want it. 
- John Watson, TSoT

One of the most underrated sentences in the whole show. John has fallen asleep with memories of the knee grope and is now sitting on the sofa with Sherlock’s arm behind his back. Sherlock abruptly wakes him because of Tessa’s case. Since John was asleep, his words cannot be about the case. They are about Sherlock. Please note that this is the first thing John says in this scene so it is either connected to his dream or to their intimate fireplace games from before or both. Makes no difference. 

And how telling that in order to rub this in, the writers re-create the situation at the beginning of HLV, now complete with visuals and John’s newly-wed wife at his side in bed. This is not even subtext anymore.  

Last edited by SusiGo (August 31, 2016 2:22 pm)

August 31, 2016 2:26 pm  #6579

SusiGo wrote:

Yeah, I’m there if you want it. 
- John Watson, TSoT

One of the most underrated sentences in the whole show. John has fallen asleep with memories of the knee grope and is now sitting on the sofa with Sherlock’s arm behind his back. Sherlock abruptly wakes him because of Tessa’s case. Since John was asleep, his words cannot be about the case. They are about Sherlock. Please note that this is the first thing John says in this scene so it is either connected to his dream or to their intimate fireplace games from before or both. Makes no difference. 

And how telling that in order to rub this in, the writers re-create the situation at the beginning of HLV, now complete with visuals and John’s newly-wed wife at his side in bed. This is not even subtext anymore.  

Seriously!  And think about it, he could have just muttered anything for the scene, or nothing at all, and this is what the writers choose.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

August 31, 2016 2:29 pm  #6580

I would like to get a platonic explanation for that. Any volunteers?

Board footera