BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 17, 2016 2:32 pm  #481

Re: Sherlocked - The Official Sherlock Convention

You never know.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

August 17, 2016 9:03 pm  #482

Just putting the link to the Sherlocked U.S. event page here for completion.
http://www.sherlockedusa.com/

Info about date and venue should be announced in a few hours when tickets go on sale. Fingers crossed for our members from the U.S. that you can make it. 

O, learn to read what silent love hath writ:
To hear with eyes belongs to love’s fine wit.
(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

August 18, 2016 4:51 am  #483

And for those of our US friends who won't visit the official Sherlocked US website for any reason, here's what's what:

Dates: 24-26 May 2017
Tickets: almost as expensive as Sherlocked UK (same figures, but in $ and not £).
Number of guests attending the event: minimum of 8 (11 fo Sherlocked UK at the moment)
Spending the night: discount for attendees who'll stay at the hotel $145/night

Soooo, who might be going?

"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

August 18, 2016 2:19 pm  #484

This is killing me.

My best friend in life lives in LA!  I was ALREADY planing to go visit her next May!

The thing is I don't know what to do.   I'm sure she would have no problems with my going while I"m out there, but even though she enjoys Sherlock she's not an obsessive like I am.  She might be willing to pay for a basic pass but I can't  see her spending more.

I would be fine with that too except for one thing.  The chance that Benedict will be there.  If I knew Benedict would be there I might be able to scrape up the extra money to get to see him.  If I can't afford to see him I don't know if I would want to go at all.  To know that Benedict is there in the building and NOT be able to see him would physically hurt!

I know this is a silly thing to be worked up about but damn..........................

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

August 18, 2016 2:40 pm  #485

I understand dear.
But if he's in the building and you don't have the extra money, there is still a chance, slim though it may be, to see him. He might do like others did at SDCC and going undercover ;)

And your friend not being obsessive is not a problem, one doesn't need to be obsessive to go, I shouldn't think.
As for what you should do...I'd take more than a basic pass for me and let her decide what she wants to do.
She's your best friend in life, and would know that it would please you tremendously: I don't think she'd mind. Or better yet: phone and ask her, she's your best friend and I assume she knows you intimately. She'd be able to give much better and much more suited advice than I ^^

August 18, 2016 3:33 pm  #486

I know.  I'm going to talk to her.  I just don't want her to think I love Benedict more than her!!

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

August 18, 2016 4:08 pm  #487

Don't you?

August 18, 2016 4:48 pm  #488

Glad you said it. Ha! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 18, 2016 5:53 pm  #489

I love Ben with all my heart and soul, but Kim has been my best friend for 40 years.  She wins.  

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

August 28, 2016 3:07 pm  #490

Amanda Abbington has just been added to the guest list. This will be her first appearance on a convention.
Tickets are on sale now (if you have not a package that includes a photo with Amanda or want to buy additional photos).

Amanda Abbington will be added to the following Photo Groups for Packages:
Platinum Groups A & B
Gold Group D
Silver Group L

Last edited by diva (August 28, 2016 3:08 pm)

O, learn to read what silent love hath writ:
To hear with eyes belongs to love’s fine wit.
(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

August 28, 2016 3:31 pm  #491

Oh my God I've just read the e-mail! Amanda'll be here! That's awesome!

August 28, 2016 3:32 pm  #492

Good news and enjoy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 28, 2016 3:33 pm  #493

Thank you! I most certainly will

August 28, 2016 3:43 pm  #494

Will Ben be there!  Please don't wait till the last moment to tell us!  I have got to know!!!!!

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

August 28, 2016 3:45 pm  #495

Wish they'd tell us...
That suspense is killing me (but somehow I hope it lasts)!

August 28, 2016 3:46 pm  #496

It will be last minute, but I'm sue he will if he can manage.

August 28, 2016 4:29 pm  #497

Oh there's no doubt in that at all.

September 2, 2016 7:00 pm  #498

Oh my God guys, ANDREW SCOTT will be there !!!

September 2, 2016 7:02 pm  #499

PHWOAR!

September 2, 2016 7:12 pm  #500

I KNOW !!!

(sorry, I know capital letters aren't on, I'm just so BLOODY EXCITED)

Board footera