BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 3, 2016 10:13 am  #21

Re: Fandom

Thank goodness...older and wiser!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 3, 2016 10:18 am  #22

Yes, I have to admit, he was charming as hell. Totally relaxed and in a chatty mood. When we met him again one or two weeks later before a concert (my first Spandau Ballet cocert ever), it was exactly the same. Of course that's certainly due to the fact that nowadays they don't have to deal with tons of crazy fans, but still... I was really impressed by how nice and easygoing he was.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 3, 2016 10:21 am  #23

I was always more into the brothers!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 3, 2016 10:37 am  #24

The last tour left a bittersweet feeling. The Kemp brothers travelled separately to the concert locations and only showed up with the other three band members on stage, which was still brilliant by the way.
Don't know if that is one of the reasons that Tony only wants to go solo in the future. 
That High Court royalty dispute they had in 1999 was really bad and somehow I couldn't believe the idyllic world they showed in public after their reunion in 2009.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

August 3, 2016 10:38 am  #25

Happen to so many bands...

August 3, 2016 10:46 am  #26

Yes, you're right. They are not twenty and naive anymore.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

August 3, 2016 10:50 am  #27

You make me feel so young. It's nice 

"It is what it is."

August 3, 2016 10:54 am  #28

You ARE young.

(Tony Hadley)

August 3, 2016 12:06 pm  #29

That's the nice thing about fandom: It helps you stay young. At least in my experience. Going on adventures because of fandom (and/or because of the stuff you're a fan of) is the best thing. Standing in the London cold for hours because of him and him... I haven't felt that young in ages. 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

August 3, 2016 12:11 pm  #30

SolarSystem wrote:

That's the nice thing about fandom: It helps you stay young. At least in my experience. Going on adventures because of fandom (and/or because of the stuff you're a fan of) is the best thing. Standing in the London cold for hours because of him and him... I haven't felt that young in ages. 

Hmmm... I know what you mean...

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

August 3, 2016 12:21 pm  #31

Oh yes.

August 3, 2016 12:46 pm  #32

SolarSystem wrote:

And later when your feet and your back are aching because you stood there for hours, you ask youself: Why did I do that??? I'm getting too old for this. 

No, seriously, being a fan is like swimming in a fountain of youth.

(Tony Hadley)

August 3, 2016 12:50 pm  #33

gently69 wrote:

And later when your feet and your back are aching because you stood there for hours, you ask youself: Why did I do that???

Really? Come on...! Didn't you look at what you've been rewarded with for it? 

August 3, 2016 1:06 pm  #34

It was worth every minute.

Last edited by gently69 (August 3, 2016 1:37 pm)

(Tony Hadley)

August 3, 2016 1:43 pm  #35

It certainly is.

August 11, 2016 2:18 pm  #36

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

August 11, 2016 6:07 pm  #37

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

November 4, 2016 8:17 pm  #38

Three Patch Podcast recently held a roundtable discussion on Coping With New Canon. I found it very interesting to hear others' hopes and fears regarding the new season of Sherlock, but they also delved into the Harry Potter fandom (and apparently there are spoilers for The Cursed Child)
http://three-patch.com/2016/10/10/episode-54a/

Last edited by ukaunz (November 4, 2016 8:29 pm)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 4, 2016 8:59 pm  #39

Interesting-sounding topic, but I won't listen to it since I haven't read The Cursed Child yet. It's waiting at home for me when I go home for Christmas.

Last edited by Yitzock (November 4, 2016 9:00 pm)

Clueing for looks.

Board footera