BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 10, 2016 2:07 pm  #81

Re: Comparing scenes in different adaptations

nakahara wrote:

BBC John wears the same costume as Nigel Bruce´s John:

I have no idea whether this is just a coincidence or some really detailed referencing.  It could likely be the latter, knowing the creators.

Clueing for looks.

July 30, 2016 10:35 pm  #82

Essay from A. A. Milne:

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

July 31, 2016 6:22 am  #83

Nice find!  Yes, there was a song, and I'm ashamed to say that I can only remember the NSFW version.   So A A Milne is not a fan of 20th century Holmes!  I wonder what he'd make of our 21st century version?

July 31, 2016 7:36 am  #84

I can kind of see what AA Milne means...but I would hope he could be educated!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 1, 2016 8:19 pm  #85

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

August 1, 2016 8:23 pm  #86

Oh, thanks for this!  Very timely, as I've just rewatched Young Sherlock Holmes a few days ago and was struck by some of the parallels! Of those, I particularly noticed the staircase and the wound on the same place on Sherlock's face.  I was wondering if it was an influence on Moftiss, even subconsciously.

August 1, 2016 8:26 pm  #87

They confessed a long time ago that thy consider every pastiche and adaptation a valid influence on their own work, so I´m sure the famous Steven Spielberg movie was not omitted from that. 

February 23, 2017 5:11 pm  #88

Toby, the dog from The Sign of Four (1987) and The Six Thatchers

February 23, 2017 5:13 pm  #89

"The Dying Detective" and "The Lying Detective" with the villainous Culverton Smith

February 23, 2017 5:22 pm  #90

Toby plays a seriously creepy villain.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

Board footera