BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 28, 2016 12:54 am  #421

Re: Marvellous Midyear Fic Exchange 2016

OK, I have just posted and submitted mine.

July 28, 2016 12:56 pm  #422

I see that you've posted several of our stories, including mine.  Yaayy!!  Thanks!

Sherlock Holmes, have you submitted your story yet?  I looked forward to seeing it posted here while you were writing it, and I really enjoyed reading it once it appeared.  Now I'm looking forward to seeing it posted on AO3!

August 9, 2016 4:36 am  #423

kgreen20 wrote:

There's just one story remaining to be posted on the AO3 community--the one written by our administrator!  All of the others have been posted, I've noticed.

Yes, I finally uploaded mine two days ago. Sorry it took me so long. :-)

Well everybody, the signalisiert in call for the Secret Santa Fic Exchange will come at the beginning of September. Hope that many of you are looking forward to it. I am. :-D

Edit: I moved the quote here because the other thread was only for fics. Kgreen, could you delete your post there? Or one of the mods maybe?

Last edited by Schmiezi (August 9, 2016 4:38 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

August 9, 2016 5:23 am  #424

I don't think it'd be wise for me to sign up in the Secret Santa -even if it IS an awful lot of fun, I fear to be too swamped with work to produce anything worthwhile.
Still got a month to think about it, though. Please know that if I don't sign up for the Secret Santa it won't be because I don't want to, but because I try to be reasonable.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

August 9, 2016 6:54 am  #425

kgreen20 wrote:

There's just one story remaining to be posted on the AO3 community--the one written by our administrator!  All of the others have been posted, I've noticed.

You err.
"Insomnia" by stoertebeker, originally written for me, wasn´t posted either. 

I wonder what happened....

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

August 9, 2016 7:54 am  #426

Schmiezi wrote:

Well everybody, the signalisiert in call for the Secret Santa Fic Exchange will come at the beginning of September. Hope that many of you are looking forward to it. I am. :-D

I have an idea already. If I get prompts that would fit I possibly would join again.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

August 9, 2016 2:23 pm  #427

Schmiezi wrote:

Well, I must say that Christmas is far from my mind at the moment, but I still look forward to when we do start preparations for Secret Santa.

Clueing for looks.

August 9, 2016 2:28 pm  #428

I do actually think I want to join this year, this was fun!

However, for now and for any future fics - was the massage at the beach scene too much? Too Johnlock-y? Since we had the debate here in this thread earlier, I've been thinking about whether I should drop scenes with that level of intimacy/flirting, as I can understand if it would make someone who is not into Johnlock uncomfortable.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

August 9, 2016 2:59 pm  #429

As a non-Johnlocking beta, I had no problem with it at all...can't speak for anybody else, of course.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 9, 2016 5:40 pm  #430

I agree, it was perfectly all right.

The exchanges are for people who like to read about "friendship" AND for people who like to read about Johnlock, btw. A little bit of intimacy is inevitable. ;-)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

August 9, 2016 7:15 pm  #431

nakahara wrote:

kgreen20 wrote:

You err.

Well, that's easily remedied, nakahara...

Go post it! =)

BTW, I've deleted my post from the other thread, Schmiezi.

Last edited by kgreen20 (August 9, 2016 7:18 pm)

August 9, 2016 8:11 pm  #432

@Vhanja: No problem at all. And I really do not think that anyone has to apologise or ask if a scene was okay since the rules have been respected. Love and a certain degree of intimacy yes, explicit sex scenes, no. 
@Gently: This would be lovely. 

Looking forward to the Secret Santa. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 10, 2016 2:29 pm  #433

Thanks guys, glad to hear.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

August 11, 2016 7:45 pm  #434

nakahara wrote:

kgreen20 wrote:

You err.

I am so very sorry. I recently suffered a painful disc prolapse and therefore wasn't able to sit down and work on my PC. I'm still on sick leave and it will probably take some more weeks to get better somewhat.
Anyway, I'm really sorry for the delay in posting on AO3 and the missing responses regarding the end of this event. I'll try to upload the fic on AO3 tomorrow.

Though I'm very late for this, I still would like to thank...

...nakahara for her nice and genuinely comment about my story. I'm very happy you liked it and that I could meet your wishes a bit.

...Yitzock for the wonderful little story you gave me. I enjoyed reading it very much and I'll try to leave a comment and kudos on AO3 as soon as possible.

...ukaunz for organizing this event. You did a great job, thanks for all the effort you put into this. I love your drawings and many kudos again to you daughter for her little story.

...everybody else who participated, left comments or beta-readed for this event. It was once again a lot of fun. I'm not sure whether I will join this year's secret santa, though I really would like to, depends on my health. Wish me luck.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

August 11, 2016 7:55 pm  #435

Hope you will get better soon, stoertebeker! 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 11, 2016 10:11 pm  #436

Hope you get well soon, stoertebeker!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

August 12, 2016 12:32 am  #437

Me, too, stoertebeker!

August 12, 2016 1:58 am  #438

Best wishes, stoertebeker!
And you are very welcome for the story. Like I may have said before, it was fun putting your prompts together in one story.

Clueing for looks.

August 12, 2016 6:41 am  #439

stoertebeker wrote:

I am so very sorry. I recently suffered a painful disc prolapse and therefore wasn't able to sit down and work on my PC. I'm still on sick leave and it will probably take some more weeks to get better somewhat.
Anyway, I'm really sorry for the delay in posting on AO3 and the missing responses regarding the end of this event. I'll try to upload the fic on AO3 tomorrow.

Though I'm very late for this, I still would like to thank...

...nakahara for her nice and genuinely comment about my story. I'm very happy you liked it and that I could meet your wishes a bit.

...Yitzock for the wonderful little story you gave me. I enjoyed reading it very much and I'll try to leave a comment and kudos on AO3 as soon as possible.

...ukaunz for organizing this event. You did a great job, thanks for all the effort you put into this. I love your drawings and many kudos again to you daughter for her little story.

...everybody else who participated, left comments or beta-readed for this event. It was once again a lot of fun. I'm not sure whether I will join this year's secret santa, though I really would like to, depends on my health. Wish me luck.

Oh, I´m so sorry to hear that you are sick, stoertebeker. Get well soon.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

August 15, 2016 1:18 pm  #440

I finally posted Insomnia on AO3, sorry again for the delay, it must get mod-approved I suppose but should be visible then.

Thanks @all for your nice wishes 

Last edited by stoertebeker (August 15, 2016 1:19 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

Board footera