BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 27, 2016 2:10 pm  #2961

Re: Favourite Martin pics

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

July 27, 2016 4:33 pm  #2962

Like fine wine...

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

July 28, 2016 10:37 am  #2963

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

July 28, 2016 10:42 am  #2964

July 30, 2016 8:55 pm  #2965

World cup 66, today:

I still think those glasses look bizarre on him.....

July 30, 2016 8:56 pm  #2966

July 30, 2016 8:57 pm  #2967

Oh I think he looks great, but not even gorgeous Martin could get me to watch stupid football!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 30, 2016 9:06 pm  #2968

besleybean wrote:

Oh I think he looks great, but not even gorgeous Martin could get me to watch stupid football!

Please... I beg off you... try to understand that what is stupid for you may be a favourite activity for other people.
Retain your tastes but try not to insult others needlessly.

July 30, 2016 9:09 pm  #2969

Excuse me?
I was expressing my opinion about football.
Football doesn't have any feelings.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 30, 2016 9:15 pm  #2970

You can certainly express your opinion in a less harsh manner then?

July 30, 2016 9:19 pm  #2971

How on Earth can that be considered 'harsh'?

July 30, 2016 9:39 pm  #2972

Well, ... it can, ok?
My sarcasm is considered completely unacceptable here on the forum and I´m not even half that blunt.

July 30, 2016 9:41 pm  #2973

I wasn't being sarcastic, I was being blunt and I don't see why I shouldn't be.

July 31, 2016 1:15 am  #2974

You're not alone, besleybean.  A number of the members took offense at me when I made a request of the author of the prompt I had requested for the fic exchange.  Seems we have to be pretty careful of what we're going to say on this forum, lest we make others angry.  Heck, I've probably made everyone mad just by bringing this up! [makes face]

With that said, I could care less about soccer myself (I assume that's what you all mean by football), but I love American football when the OU Sooners play! 

Last edited by kgreen20 (July 31, 2016 1:32 am)

July 31, 2016 1:48 am  #2975

nakahara wrote:

World cup 66, today:

I still think those glasses look bizarre on him.....

We Americans don't call soccer "football", so that's confusing to me right there.  I guess World Cup and "the other football" is catching on here, but we have a big ol' long ways to go.  But back to Martin here, I don't think I've ever seen him look quite so intellectual, lol. Those thick-framed black glasses are in these days, but yeah, they sure do take over someone's face, don't they.

July 31, 2016 1:55 am  #2976

Yeah, really!

July 31, 2016 7:45 am  #2977

Yes I think it ironic that it's one of my favourite series of Martin' gifs and indeed he looks mature and intelligent.
Many people are huge soccer fans in England(I only say this because it is the England team the event was all about) and I guess the organisers wanted a well known and loved face from outside of sport.

July 31, 2016 6:31 pm  #2978

TOPIC!

Martin Freeman is one hot daddy.
Let's post a million pictures of this fine man.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

July 31, 2016 6:37 pm  #2979

Tee-hee, this is a cute pic, it looks like Martin is being tickled. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

July 31, 2016 6:38 pm  #2980

Oh, that is the best.

Board footera