BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 24, 2016 3:50 pm  #541

Re: Doctor Strange (spoilers)

Swanpride wrote:

I think it was four years ago....

He was there in 2014.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 24, 2016 4:25 pm  #542

Ben talking about seeing some of the clips and effects for the first time in a short interview:
http://www.ign.com/videos/2016/07/24/benedict-cumberbatchs-reaction-to-wearing-doctor-stranges-cloak-for-the-first-time-comic-con-2016

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

July 24, 2016 4:41 pm  #543

SusiGo wrote:

Swanpride wrote:

I think it was four years ago....

He was there in 2014.

Thanks, Susi. I was too lazy to ask Google, but I was pretty sure it wasn't that long ago.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

July 24, 2016 11:55 pm  #544

Some cool photos from Doctor Strange photo shoot at SDCC
https://twitter.com/scottderrickson/status/757350721779937280

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 25, 2016 6:46 am  #545

Lovely shoot! Thanks! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

July 25, 2016 7:38 am  #546

Selected moments from the trailer:

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

July 25, 2016 7:48 am  #547

Beautiful, the effects look so neat! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

July 25, 2016 11:02 am  #548

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 25, 2016 12:26 pm  #549

Awww!

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

July 25, 2016 2:02 pm  #550

The new poster is gorgeous!

And from what I've seen so far (trying hard not to be biased) but Ben does seem perfect for the role 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

July 25, 2016 4:52 pm  #551

What a lovely tweet.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 25, 2016 4:58 pm  #552

I am SO looking forward to this movie! 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

July 25, 2016 5:08 pm  #553

Me, too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 25, 2016 5:31 pm  #554

I have to giggle because I remembered that the last time Ben was at sdcc he was ask directly if he was gong to play Dr. Strange and he flat out denied it.   

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

July 25, 2016 7:04 pm  #555

I have no idea how official this really is and which of the actors is going to be in which part of this, but well, have a look at this impressive list:

Last edited by SolarSystem (July 25, 2016 7:05 pm)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

July 25, 2016 7:17 pm  #556

I think that is fanmade, although there will probably be some ensemble movie in the future (which will be awesome).

You know, I just realised - I almost look more forward to Dr. Strange than to Sherlock. Because I don't have any previous ties to Dr. Strange. I've heard about the character, seen him, but knew nothing about him. I'm watching him for Ben, that's it. It's big-time Hollywood, effects, Marvel - very simple and clean-cut. Just pure joy.

Sherlock, on the other hand. I'm too emotionally invested, I fear it will be much more painful than Dr. Strange. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

July 25, 2016 7:35 pm  #557

Well, the movie or better: the two movies are officially announced. The only question seems to be how many of the above mentioned actors will really be involved.

July 25, 2016 8:48 pm  #558

My fingers are crossed for this to come true!

And Ben is a good liar. Then again, he'd have to be... being an actor and all 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

July 28, 2016 10:47 am  #559

July 28, 2016 10:52 am  #560

Board footera