BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 27, 2016 10:19 am  #61

Re: Rupert Graves

Yes, to paraphrase Benedict: far too groovy and sexy to be a detective.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 27, 2016 1:50 pm  #62

Sweet.  I would have liked to hear more of what he was reading, though, we only got to hear him read for a few seconds.  I've never seen that book that he was reading, so I was curious what else it was about - doing laundry?

Clueing for looks.

March 27, 2016 9:19 pm  #63

I think it was "Knuffle Bunny" by Mo Willems, about a little girl who loses her favourite toy but she's too young to be able to articulate this to her parents, so she just screams and cries. The story is better than my summary of it I remember reading it to my kids, Mo Willems is a great author. You can probably find a reading of it on YouTube

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 7, 2016 6:56 am  #64

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

April 12, 2016 7:24 am  #65

He´s so lovely:

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

April 12, 2016 7:49 am  #66

nakahara wrote:

He´s so lovely:

On that pic he looks like "ein Schluck Wasser in der Kurve"... somehow...
Is there an English expression for that idiom?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

April 12, 2016 5:19 pm  #67

Washed out, or wrung out?!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 15, 2016 3:23 pm  #68

Like a limp rag...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 15, 2016 4:08 pm  #69

Ooh er!

June 21, 2016 10:34 am  #70

June 21, 2016 11:09 am  #71

Proved again: grey hair can also be very...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

June 21, 2016 7:06 pm  #72

Well mine isn't on me...
But on Rupert: hot!

June 30, 2016 11:58 pm  #73

Happy birthday gorgeous man

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 30, 2016 11:59 pm  #74

Wow, I just noticed what the newspaper in this screencap says:
"Monkey Glands: [New?] Research"
I never noticed that canon reference before! 

July 1, 2016 1:55 pm  #75

That's a canon reference? Nice detail work on the part of the designers.

Clueing for looks.

November 18, 2016 9:01 pm  #76

Not exactly Rupert, but saw this up today on his twitter feed....  adorable! 

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

December 3, 2016 12:36 pm  #77

Rupert Graves features in an episode of One Foot in the Past - a program about the cultural heritage and history of Britain.

December 3, 2016 1:02 pm  #78

A behind the scenes pic of Rupert playing Candy Crush taken by Loo Brealey

See it on her instagram
https://www.instagram.com/p/BNjFIgTjmnc/

Last edited by ukaunz (December 3, 2016 1:05 pm)

December 3, 2016 1:10 pm  #79

He looks great with glasses!

October 24, 2017 10:42 am  #80

In "Made in Dagenham" (2010) Rupert Graves doesn't play a nice guy, but it's not that small a role - I'm surprised nobody has mentioned it?

"Made in Dagenham" is a wonderful movie along the same lines as "Pride", meaning an entertaining, well-made, unsentimental retelling of a little piece of British 20th century history. Only the subject is different - "Made in Dagenham" deals with the revolutionary idea that women should receive the same pay as men for equivalent work (there's an absolutely fanstastic speech by Miranda Richardson as Employment Minister Barbara Castle). In order to get it, the women sewing Ford's car seats went on strike - and the rest is history.

I highly recommend getting the DVD, it's an absolutely great "little" movie....

Board footera