BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 30, 2016 1:43 pm  #1

need help loading a new profile avatar

Sorry, there's probably already a thread for this, but I don't have the patience to go through 6 pages of old stuff looking. I want to use a new image for my forum profile, but I don't know how to get the photo I want out of my attachment file and into my ID. I see what I have to do, but the system requires a jpeg with a web address, so....  is there some way I can do this? I see that it won't allow me to copy and paste.  If not, that's okay, but I thought I'd ask.  TIA for any advice!

June 30, 2016 2:49 pm  #2

Re: need help loading a new profile avatar

I think the trick is that you have to upload the pic of your choice to a site like photobucket. There you will get several choices of sharing it, and there will be a URL as well. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 30, 2016 9:42 pm  #3

SusiGo wrote:

I think the trick is that you have to upload the pic of your choice to a site like photobucket. There you will get several choices of sharing it, and there will be a URL as well. 

Ah! thank you  Susi, that sounds perfectly doable.  thanks so much.

June 30, 2016 9:43 pm  #4

I used postimg.org which an easy site to use. Come back and ask if you need more help

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 30, 2016 9:55 pm  #5

ukaunz wrote:

I used postimg.org which an easy site to use. Come back and ask if you need more help

Great, thanks for the idea! And the offer to help.

Board footera