BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 28, 2016 3:06 pm  #2501

Re: Series 4 Setlock (potential spoilers)

RV... Royal Vaults?

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

June 28, 2016 3:44 pm  #2502

Exciting pics again   
The flag looks like an R with a bird silhouette underneath to me

"Man may not be degraded  to being a machine by being denied to be a ghost in the machine."
It's just transport. The virus in the hard drive . However impossible .Must be the truth.

June 28, 2016 5:47 pm  #2503

D I Hopkins will appear in ep 1 https://twitter.com/...740428351471616 There is few info about Inspector Hopkins in ACD canon. They did a bit genderbending. Does it mean that any of these stories will be adapted for ep1?  Inspector Stanley Hopkins is a Scotland Yard detective and a student of Holmes's deductive methods, who attempts to apply them in his own investigations. Holmes, however, is very critical of Hopkins's ability to apply them well, Hopkins sometimes making such mistakes as arresting a man whose notebook was found at a crime scene despite it being physically impossible for the man in question to have killed the victim in the manner that he was discovered. Hopkins refers several cases to Holmes, all within the South-East areas of England and London, including:

June 28, 2016 6:06 pm  #2504

Handshake?
A secret society like the Freemasons?
Remember Mycroft and Moriarty's 'fake' handshake shot?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 28, 2016 6:36 pm  #2505

Janine Molly Adler wrote:

D I Hopkins will appear in ep 1 https://twitter.com/...740428351471616 There is few info about Inspector Hopkins in ACD canon. They did a bit genderbending. Does it mean that any of these stories will be adapted for ep1?  Inspector Stanley Hopkins is a Scotland Yard detective and a student of Holmes's deductive methods, who attempts to apply them in his own investigations. Holmes, however, is very critical of Hopkins's ability to apply them well, Hopkins sometimes making such mistakes as arresting a man whose notebook was found at a crime scene despite it being physically impossible for the man in question to have killed the victim in the manner that he was discovered. Hopkins refers several cases to Holmes, all within the South-East areas of England and London, including:

Where does that come from, Janine? Do you have a link to share?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

June 28, 2016 6:54 pm  #2506

I can't post a link from work but I did see that on tumblr.  Looked like they got it from the actress's CV.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 28, 2016 7:36 pm  #2507

Very interesting news!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

June 29, 2016 8:36 am  #2508

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

June 29, 2016 8:36 am  #2509

June 29, 2016 8:37 am  #2510

Nice place...

Last edited by nakahara (June 29, 2016 8:38 am)

June 29, 2016 8:40 am  #2511

"Mystery men" again!

June 29, 2016 8:45 am  #2512

June 29, 2016 12:00 pm  #2513

It's a really beautiful place! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

June 29, 2016 2:11 pm  #2514

Do any of those mercs look like Waters Gang members (either the 'real' ones or the newspaper guys)? Just a thought I had, but can't really find any good pics to analyze.

Doomsteady on AO3 & Tumblr

June 29, 2016 2:13 pm  #2515

Oh, this is an interesting thought. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 29, 2016 3:51 pm  #2516

Someone on Tumblr just pointed out this:

Seems that they might be the same people behind putting John in the bonfire in s3.

And if we're comparing clothes:

Last edited by GimmeCat (June 29, 2016 3:53 pm)

Doomsteady on AO3 & Tumblr

June 29, 2016 4:20 pm  #2517

I actually think it's a bit clichéd to have people who are up to no good all wear a more or less similar outfit. So I hope the explanation for this will not be the one that seems to be the most obvious at the moment.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

June 29, 2016 4:49 pm  #2518

They have quite silly hats, if you ask me. ;) So if it turns out villains do have special outfits after all, I hope they are different from these hats.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Love something, and love it deeply."
Andrew Scott

"I don’t care how hypothetical it is, I’m not flying with a live otter in the flight deck."
Captain Martin Crieff

June 29, 2016 4:54 pm  #2519

Oh! Curious thoughts about the outfits! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

June 29, 2016 5:29 pm  #2520

With them all together like that it looks like a uniform of some sort.  I presume the Harrogate water is for them to drink and not a clue?

Board footera