BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 21, 2016 3:01 am  #21

Re: GimmeCat's little gifts

Oh yes, I can imagine he does!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 21, 2016 11:38 am  #22

Alright, I think I have something underway. Just a really rough sketch for now.

I wasn't originally going to put the WHOLE sodding cast in there, but... I got carried away. xD

I'll see how much progress I make with it tomorrow.

Last edited by GimmeCat (June 21, 2016 1:58 pm)

Doomsteady on AO3 & Tumblr

June 21, 2016 12:21 pm  #23

That was quick - it looks AWESOME! You've an amazing talent there.

Please can you PM me the link for the finished artwork so we can keep it as a surprise until I can post it in the Midyear Fic Exchange thread? 

Last edited by ukaunz (June 21, 2016 12:21 pm)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 21, 2016 1:59 pm  #24

Will do. I've removed the WIP, then, before anyone else gets a peek!

June 21, 2016 9:13 pm  #25

Thanks, I look forward to it!

June 25, 2016 6:27 am  #26

I took a break from the big beach scene to draw this. I dedicated it to inevitably-johnlocked on tumblr but I'm kinda not sure how to properly send it to them? I tagged them in the post, so I guess they'll see it eventually? But if not, I guess I'll send an Ask or something.

My first ever Johnlock piece. Turned out pretty okay.

June 25, 2016 7:26 am  #27

That's lovely!  Very intense.

June 25, 2016 8:12 am  #28

Nicely done. Beautiful expressions, I love the colour palette too

July 1, 2016 6:59 pm  #29

Quick study today.

There's a bigger version on my dA.

Last edited by GimmeCat (July 1, 2016 6:59 pm)

July 8, 2016 6:39 am  #30

July 8, 2016 5:26 pm  #31

Beautiful, nostalgic, sweet... magnificent!

And that study above takes my breath away. You perfectly captured the detail of Benedict´s face and his eye! Can´t believe it´s the painting.

Last edited by nakahara (July 8, 2016 5:26 pm)

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

July 8, 2016 5:35 pm  #32

Oh my, I love the beach scene and the scars they both carry. Brilliant!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

July 8, 2016 11:31 pm  #33

Gorgeous images.

People are also commenting on your beach scene over here
http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=6838&p=13

July 9, 2016 6:34 am  #34

Thank you for such lovely comments! I read the ones in the fic topic as well. I'm glad you enjoyed the scene. I had a different beach scene in the works at first, but it was causing me a lot of strife. I eventually gave up with that and started the sunset idea instead.

But here's what the other beach scene was looking like when I abandoned it. I think I just backed myself into a corner with putting every single major character in there! It was too much. I was struggling a lot with the style, too.

I enjoyed the study pic very much. I've got another in mind, but I'm trying to find a bigger source for the image. If anyone knows where to find a larger version of this...?

October 15, 2016 11:51 pm  #35

This isn't really recognisable fanart but it's a piece I did for my WIP fic. Posting it here just 'cause. This is Sherlock's broken mask after ch18.

Last edited by GimmeCat (October 15, 2016 11:51 pm)

Board footera