BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 24, 2016 6:05 pm  #421

Re: The weather

Yes, I've been known to joke about April showers: we don't really expect them to be snow showers!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 15, 2016 8:00 pm  #422

It is May15 and we have been getting some snow/sleet/little hail stones.  Nothing accumulating on the ground, but still interesting to see on a day in May.

Last edited by Yitzock (May 15, 2016 8:00 pm)

Clueing for looks.

May 15, 2016 8:02 pm  #423

Wow, it's been a bit coo here- but not that cold!
Nice and sunny, at least.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 15, 2016 8:07 pm  #424

Well, it's above zero, but certainly cool, though last week was hot.  So it's a change from then.
We still got some sun today, too.  It's been changing almost constantly.  The sleet even came down at one point while the sun was still shining!

Clueing for looks.

May 15, 2016 8:14 pm  #425

I'm hoping we're past that now!

May 15, 2016 9:22 pm  #426

I think thinking that it's the last hurrah for that kind of weather.

Clueing for looks.

June 15, 2016 4:07 pm  #427

I hardly use this thread since I'm not too interested in talking about the weather but this is definitely too much!
Since one week it's literally not possible to leave the house for a couple of minutes without the umbrella close by. There's a feeble attempt of sunshine, then there's a tropic downpour. The river Rhine has a very high level and floods the cellars. It's also a bit too cold for the month of June, hardly 20 degree Celsius. The air is so damp in-between and it just tears you down. Ugh.

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

June 15, 2016 4:34 pm  #428

Yep, second day in a row I have been soaked to the skin, just walking home from work...
Where's Mycroft when you need him?!

June 15, 2016 6:08 pm  #429

mrshouse wrote:

I hardly use this thread since I'm not too interested in talking about the weather but this is definitely too much!
Since one week it's literally not possible to leave the house for a couple of minutes without the umbrella close by. There's a feeble attempt of sunshine, then there's a tropic downpour. The river Rhine has a very high level and floods the cellars. It's also a bit too cold for the month of June, hardly 20 degree Celsius. The air is so damp in-between and it just tears you down. Ugh.

My mum and my grandmother had just come home from a Rhine river cruise when we started seeing the flooding on the news.  I haven't seen anything about it on TV in a while, but I guess the heavy rain in still continuing.  Hang in there!

Clueing for looks.

June 16, 2016 3:29 am  #430

Wow...  we've had a little rain here, but not a 'torrent'!  Just sympathizing... and reminds me of the brief comments I saw on it in the Setlock thread (especially about Ben's hair!), plus seeing these little headline 'sidebars', although the chat about it over there is kind of past, so figured it related more to 'weather'!  Poor cast and crew, though!  Awww!  But how does Ben still look so cute?     (guess they didn't need the rain machines those days!) 

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

June 16, 2016 5:55 am  #431

He's an Englishman...must be used to rain!

June 17, 2016 8:22 pm  #432

Went to Ascot for the horse racing. It rained. Not all day but when it rained it rained like it does in Florida!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 12, 2016 1:56 pm  #433

I'm lying awake (it's midnight) listening to the wind blowing around the house, it sounds terrifying. Apparently we're getting gusts in excess of 90 km/h. My husband is out there dealing with fallen trees and powerline emergencies 

I'm a bit worried the roof is going to blow off 

Last edited by ukaunz (July 12, 2016 2:57 pm)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Board footera