BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 7, 2014 10:25 am  #1

Peaky Blinders

BBC 2 Production. 2nd Series/season has just started. In the US Netflix has just picked up the rights. Watch it if you can! Stars the very wonderful Cillian Murphy. A gangster series set in the English Midlands. Accents might be a little tricky at first for some but really, really worth watching!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 7, 2014 10:53 am  #2

Re: Peaky Blinders

I wondered if anyone else was watching this!  I love Cillian Murphy and he's absolutely stunning in this.   The new series has Tom Hardy as well.  I don't like it anywhere near as much as Sherlock, but it's enjoyable and very stylish.

October 7, 2014 12:25 pm  #3

I have heard good things about this.  Need to check it out.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

October 7, 2014 7:44 pm  #4

It is a completely different beast from Sherlock. A friend's partner who is elderly but whose background is rather 'dodgy' let us say, loves it. He finds it very, very accurate to the sort of things that went on. Tom Hardy will, no doubt, be stunning (he always is). It is a violent show but not gratuitously so. The cinematography, costuming, sets etc. are very good. High production values here and acting of the highest standard.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 8, 2014 11:18 am  #5

Series finale was Thursday and I managed to catch it yesterday ( was watching Frankenstein on Thursday evening). I really cannot recommend this series highly enough. Writing, acting, photography, costuming everything and all combined with a brilliant use of music. Wonderful performances from Cillian Murphy, Tom Hardy, Helen McRory, Sam Neale. Left me shaking, literally, at one point near the end. Truly, one of those shows which is just like watching a great feature film every week! I cannot wait until the next series airs.

June 17, 2016 8:03 pm  #6

Anyone? Anyone watched season/series 3. God, if you haven't watched this show you really, really should. Not for the faint-hearted it is violent, has sex, drugs (and rock 'n' roll) and very strong language. It is wonderfully written, wonderfully acted, has a great cast, super costuming, stunning use of music and camerawork. I cannot recommend this show too highly. It exudes class!

June 17, 2016 8:23 pm  #7

Did I mention our friend is supposed to be in it?
But I couldn't see her on the imdb page...so I dunno if her scene was cut.
She was supposed to have played a Bristol whore!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

Board footera