BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 5, 2013 4:06 pm  #21

Re: Benedict's Many Faces

I hope the Epstein film will be realised. Sounds amazing and Paul McGuigan did a brilliant job on Sherlock. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 6, 2013 4:08 pm  #22

SusiGo wrote:

Consider yourself challenged. 

The game is on! :o)
It might take a day or two.

In my life I have found two things of priceless worth - learning and loving. Nothing else - not fame, not power, not achievement for its own sake - can possible have the same lasting value. For when your life is over, if you can say 'I have learned' and 'I have loved', you will also be able to say 'I have been happy'.
~ Arthur C. Clarke ~

August 6, 2013 4:38 pm  #23

I'm looking forward to it. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 6, 2013 7:11 pm  #24

Done. :o) I had already started last night. ;o)

It has been great fun to fumble with my ancient photoshop programme. Unfortunately I couldn't find a bloody pic/portrait of the real William Ford. Therefore don't be surprised, I used an image of a cotton plant/gossypium instead.

Here it is. Hope you all enjoy. :o)

edit: The devil is in the detail. After uploading the image (when else... ;o) I found a little mistake and corrected it by now.

Last edited by reality check (August 6, 2013 7:28 pm)

In my life I have found two things of priceless worth - learning and loving. Nothing else - not fame, not power, not achievement for its own sake - can possible have the same lasting value. For when your life is over, if you can say 'I have learned' and 'I have loved', you will also be able to say 'I have been happy'.
~ Arthur C. Clarke ~

August 6, 2013 8:08 pm  #25

Wow, this is awesome! You should put it on tumblr, really. Do you have an account? 

August 6, 2013 8:12 pm  #26

Amazing! How great! I love it! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

August 6, 2013 9:00 pm  #27

My pleasure, thank you! :o)

Well, I don't have a tumblr account, or any other like twitter etc. Perhaps I should consider it/tumble in. ;o)

~ Arthur C. Clarke ~

August 6, 2013 9:03 pm  #28

I just saw this - great job, reality check!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

February 18, 2014 1:18 pm  #29

Maybe his variability is a reason for him not being as well known as he could be.
Most people propably do not recognize him, when they see him in another role.
For example, when I see Jason Segel in a movie like Gulliver, I alsways see Marshall Eriksen. When I see Neil Patrick Harris, e.g. in Smurfs, I see Barney Stinson...
But when I see Benedict in Star Trek, Hawking and so on, I do NOT see Sherlock...

You’ve salted away every fact under the sun!

February 18, 2014 2:41 pm  #30

zeratul wrote:

Maybe his variability is a reason for him not being as well known as he could be.
Most people propably do not recognize him, when they see him in another role.
For example, when I see Jason Segel in a movie like Gulliver, I alsways see Marshall Eriksen. When I see Neil Patrick Harris, e.g. in Smurfs, I see Barney Stinson...
But when I see Benedict in Star Trek, Hawking and so on, I do NOT see Sherlock...

A lot of his Movies have been fairly low budget films that not a huge audience have seen - I'm dying for a repeat of Hawking to be shown for instance because a lot of people I know haven't seen it and I know they'll be surprised by how brilliantly he acted in it.
But also I think you're right - for many of his roles he isn't afraid to completely change his look - even if it means changing it for the worst (Assange, for instance), but there a lot of others who always look like themselves but in a costume - like Clooney and Dicaprio - good Actors, but directors never get them to alter their appearance too much because they're aware that many will come to see the film because of their sex symbol status.

It'll be really interesting to see what roles Benedict will get from now on, now that he's played the sexy Khan, because I think this is what has led to the specially huge rise in his popularity.

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

April 15, 2016 8:29 am  #31

Susi, you could update your list to include William "Billy" Bulger (Black Mass), Richard III (The Hollow Crown: The Wars of the Roses) and Chris Barker (Letters Live).

And if reality check ever reads this, I'd love to see an update of her graphic design with pictures

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 19, 2016 11:30 am  #32

The many faces of Benedict Cumberbatch -- I know this thread was created to discuss his portrayals of real-life people, but where else would I put this fantastic montage?

http://benedictc.tumblr.com/post/143584545325/the-further-you-get-away-from-yourself-the-more

Brilliant work, although I think a few of his roles might be missing... Freddy from Tipping the Velvet for one...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 19, 2016 11:50 am  #33

Well, I'm in the floor for the day.  *thud*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

May 19, 2016 12:30 pm  #34

May I join you down there? 

May 19, 2016 12:39 pm  #35

*makes room for Susi on the mattress*
*passes her a blankie and a cuppa*
*turns on Netflix*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

May 20, 2016 1:34 am  #36

I've seen 'artsy' collages like that, or just different stills, but I love that!

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

May 20, 2016 6:24 pm  #37

Absolutely amazing collage! 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

May 20, 2016 6:26 pm  #38

Indeed, shows all of the talent!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

Board footera