BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 29, 2016 8:55 pm  #101

Re: London Spy

I think it's worth considering that 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

February 29, 2016 9:49 pm  #102

I remember the so-called complaints being in the news at the time.  Ofcom had one complaint, apparently.   I think it was just a case of trying to create a news story!

February 29, 2016 9:55 pm  #103

Quite.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 1, 2016 7:25 pm  #104

I remember reading about that, too. The news report had exaggerated the number. People like making mountains of molehills.

Last edited by Yitzock (March 1, 2016 7:25 pm)

Clueing for looks.

March 1, 2016 7:28 pm  #105

It doesn't matter, though, because it was about the BBC policy here, and they had made their decision anyway 

Last edited by Harriet (March 1, 2016 7:51 pm)

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

March 1, 2016 8:35 pm  #106

So I braved it... And we are midway into episode 3
Had to stop watching when it was time to collect the kids from school, but we are both looking forward to watching the rest of the series next week! It was a bit awkward sitting through the sex scenes, I admit Anyway, really intriguing plot and I'm loving the London scenery. Ben Whishaw is great, nice appearance from Charlotte Rampling. Wish we could have seen more of Edward Holcroft... But I guess there might be more flashbacks?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 1, 2016 9:11 pm  #107

Wow, you did it! Glad that you enjoyed it - episode 3 already! 

March 1, 2016 9:19 pm  #108

Good to hear you are enjoying it.  If I remember correctly, episode 3 has some of my favourite acting moments from Ben Whishaw and some of my favourite cinematography (the doctor's office scene and pool scene), but the cinematography throughout is beautiful.  It's filmed like a movie.

Clueing for looks.

March 1, 2016 9:56 pm  #109

Oh yes, the best is yet to come!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 15, 2016 7:33 pm  #110

Well, London Spy is finally on Netflix, so I finally got to start watching it with my family, which I've wanted to do since I watched it when it aired on BBC back in the fall.
I don't really know what they think.  They didn't say they didn't like it..but I couldn't tell what they thought, really.  They seemed to want to see what happens next, but my dad kept falling asleep near the end (though he does that whenever he's tired, even if it's a show or movie he really enjoys), but my mom seemed to follow the plot fairly well.
I wish seeing sex scene did not have to be awkward when I'm watching with my family, but it was also interesting to see how they responded.
My mum was uncomfortable, which did not surprise me, based on her reactions to similar scenes in other TV shows.  Ironically, she was not made uncomfortable by the sex scene in Carol, but maybe that's because she's a woman and those characters were women, too.  Maybe it's because it's two men.  And she's not homophobic otherwise.  When we got to that part of the show, she did put her hand up in front of her to block the screen once or twice.  I reassured her that it is not a scene that lasts long (though it seemed longer than I remembered!)
My dad, on the other hand, said nothing until he said to my mom's reaction, "It's not a big deal." He's said stuff like that before, which helped me be a little less anxious.
And I was uncomfortable not because of what I was watching but because my parents were in the room with me and I kept thinking the scene was going to be over and it kept not being over.

But I hope we continue to watch it and that they like it, since they seemed interested otherwise and I told them about all the good actors who are in it before we started watching, so there's that.  They seemed to still be interested.

Clueing for looks.

May 16, 2016 4:37 pm  #111

We watched episode 2 last night. They seem to be enjoying it. And I am enjoying watching it again.

Clueing for looks.

Board footera