BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 4, 2015 2:03 pm  #1

Does Sherlock ever button his coat?

Has he ever actually buttoned it up on screen and if so, when? It always seems to be undone...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

January 4, 2015 2:07 pm  #2

Re: Does Sherlock ever button his coat?

It was buttoned when he was in Belarus, wasn't it? I'm sure I've seen it buttoned a few times, but can't really remember.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

May 10, 2016 6:20 am  #3

I don´t remember it being buttoned either...

funny how such small things keep us bugging :D but for conclusion I think that normally the coat is not buttoned

May 10, 2016 6:22 am  #4

I think he always does when he's going out, unless in a rush.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 10, 2016 9:09 am  #5

He's buttoning the coat in TGG when they get out of the taxi and are heading towards the Arches while looking at the stars; and a quick glance at screencaps suggests that it's still buttoned for the rest of the Arches scene.

May 10, 2016 10:24 am  #6

He also kinda buttonst his coat in Baskerville, it seems:

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

May 10, 2016 2:06 pm  #7

I think that is one of the few times, other than those already mentioned in this topic.  Probably only does it when it is really cold.  I think the moments that were mentioned here are all times when he was somewhere cold and/or windy.

Clueing for looks.

May 10, 2016 3:57 pm  #8

nakahara wrote:

He also kinda buttonst his coat in Baskerville, it seems:

He also turns his coat collar up in that scene.

Board footera